Search for content in message boards

Need advice on dealing with local historical/genealogical society...

Replies: 8

Re: Need advice on dealing with local historical/genealogical society...

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I understand how misinformation can be annoying but in my opinion, move on. You've done what you could to try to convey the correct information and the support behind it. That's all you can do. They are probably a volunteer run organization with varying skillsets and limited time.

I cringe when I see illogical and/or erroneous information posted on family trees. But I also know that it happens to me too. I'll run a Family Tree Maker error report which points out potential discrepencies and wonder how I could have made those mistakes and wonder how many more might be in my database that aren't detectable by the error checking process.

As you pointed out the lady who posted it probably made an innocent mistake. It happens to all of us. That is the nature of data that is sometimes based on illegible or poor records, memories, or is subject to common errors like transposition of numbers.

Be proud of your own thoroughness and happy to convey the correct information in the future to someone who may inquire why your data is different.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hrcrtr 25 Jan 2008 9:00PM GMT 
Linda Matthew... 27 Jan 2008 4:37AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 25 Mar 2008 6:07PM GMT 
BrynneHolland 5 Jan 2009 6:40PM GMT 
hrcrtr 7 Jan 2009 6:27PM GMT 
mtss915 10 Jul 2010 4:01PM GMT 
Ken_Sch 15 Jul 2012 7:11PM GMT 
hrcrtr 15 Jul 2012 10:53PM GMT 
Ken_Sch 19 Jul 2012 4:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic