Search for content in message boards

Birth Certificate Blank... Now What???

Replies: 2

Re: Birth Certificate Blank... Now What???

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2013 6:26PM GMT
If the person wished to join a lineage society through the father's ancestors (say they found a revolutionary war soldier or a mayflower ancestor), proof of parentage would be required. There would be only two ways to do this. 1. File a correction to the birth certificate and the mother would have to have a sworn statement to do that. 2. File a sworn statement from the mother with the lineage papers.

Either way, that statement would be needed. If the mother is willing, it would be good to go ahead and correct that birth certificate. Once she dies, there is probably no way to do so.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amprentice1 6 Oct 2007 12:50PM GMT 
lindalew 6 Nov 2007 3:34AM GMT 
deeflint01 28 Nov 2013 1:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic