Search for content in message boards

Surname Sussums

Replies: 5

Re: Surname Sussums

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there,
I see you from your tree that you spell it with and 'A' SussAms. The only information I have gathered has been from later Census and LDS Marriage details. I have Harriet Sussums born Abt 1811 in Blo' Norton Norfolk. Her husband, my Cornelius Holden, was born Abt 1806 in Garboldisham Norfolk and I believe that these places are quite near to one another. LDS has them as married on 18 November 1834, also in Blo'Norton where the they had all their children (7 of them)...my descendent, John Holden and indeed a lot of his other siblings moved away from the area and the lifestyle of being Agricultural Labourers. John went on to be quite a renowned Architectural Sculptor up in the Sheffield area. He married and raised a family up there and records show he never went back to live in the Norfolk area. Harriet left there to live with them up in the Sheffield/Derby after Cornelius died in 1875. She lived until the ripe old age of 83 yrs. I have tried many ways of spelling her Surname but could not pick up any threads as to who her parents were or indeed any siblings. If any of the information links to any of your Sussams could you let me know?
Thankyou for your reply
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendav55 23 Jun 2011 10:36PM GMT 
dsussums 4 Nov 2012 11:41PM GMT 
Wendav55 5 Nov 2012 7:31PM GMT 
dsussums 5 Nov 2012 9:14PM GMT 
Wendav55 6 Nov 2012 2:48PM GMT 
dsussums 8 Nov 2012 3:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic