Search for content in message boards

origins of "Vigar"

Replies: 16

Re: origins of "Vigar"

Nigel Wood (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2005 12:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi David,
you were very helpful to me when I started my Vigor research and I am grateful to you for that. You may recall though that I was introduced to you by Frank Vigor from Canada and most of my Vigor data comes from the Gedcom file and other documentation that Frank supplied to me. I know that Frank and yourself were in contact and you probably exchanged information so it is possible that some of the documents and research that I have made "freely available" came originally from you. I have never claimed that the research was mine and indeed, I often advise people who contact me that the information was researched by the late Frank Vigor which I believed to be the case.

Since Frank's death I have tried to make the Vigor/Vigar information available to others in the same way that Frank made them available to me (and others). It seemed to me that it would be very sad if all the hours of work that he put in were wasted and I even attempted to contact his executor (no reply) to try to preserve the Wills etc that Frank had translated (from old English or even Latin!) for future Vigor/ar geneologists.

If you e-mail me your address David I will happily send you copies of all my Vigor/Vigar documents (my e-mail is one@enterprise.net). If you advise me that any of the documents that I send you were researched by you then I will understake not to send them to people without clearing it with you.

On a more positive note, I am pleased that you have got in contact as, for a long time, I have thought that it would be a great idea to start a Vigor/ar Website on which we could put the family tree with Photos of individuals, Copies of Wills and provinence (i.e what documents support the information supplied). With luck the site will attract information from obscure family sources that none of us yet have. I guess that you are currently the best informed person in the world on the Vigor/Vigar families. Would you be interested in working with me on such a site? I would be happy for the site to carry a note to the effect that the initial research for the site was performed by yourself and Frank. Let me know

Best wishes

Nigel Wood
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michelle Vigar 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
sorayasaraid 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JFCHANT 25 Jun 2001 6:04PM GMT 
Nigel Wood 25 Jul 2001 8:28PM GMT 
KeithWhite49 7 Nov 2004 10:22PM GMT 
Nigel Wood 20 Nov 2004 8:28PM GMT 
vigard 25 Mar 2005 7:53PM GMT 
keith white 26 Mar 2005 8:25AM GMT 
Nigel Wood 27 Mar 2005 7:53PM GMT 
keith white 27 Mar 2005 8:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions