Search for content in message boards

Full page article on Sonya Gillick Kaplan from 1965 in Montreal Star or Gazette

Replies: 1

Full page article on Sonya Gillick Kaplan from 1965 in Montreal Star or Gazette

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 3:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillick Kaplan
I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how I could get a copy of this article. Background below:

As told to me by her nephew:

"My Aunt Sonia, as my father and his siblings, had status for entry into Canada as Russian refugees. My Aunt married my Uncle en route to Canada, He was a Polish refugee so they were no longer considered Russian and quotas for Poles were filled that year. Cuba and Argentina were the 2 countries allowing entries for Poles that year and as my uncle had some relatives there, they chose the latter. At that time, Argentina was richer and attracting more immigrants than Canada! The idea was that they would eventually move to Canada but they never did.

She married Shlomo Kaplan on leaving Europe and they settled in Buenos Aires, Argentina.She had 3 children.

She came twice to Montreal. She stayed for a few months each time.In 1953-4 alone and in 1965 with my uncle. I can't remember if it was the Star or the Gazette but in 65 they did a whole page article about her and how she got separated from the rest of the family."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
corinnemitche... 18 Nov 2011 10:22PM GMT 
rrobbin51 18 Apr 2013 11:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic