Search for content in message boards

Haiti Obituarys/Announcements

Replies: 1

Haiti Obituarys/Announcements

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 14 Dec 2012 8:54AM GMT
I am making a collection of Haitian names based off of Obituaries or announcements posted in newspapers. Some of you maybe aware that the university of central florida has scanned newspapers from Haiti dating back to 1898. Newspapers such as Le Matin, Le Nouveliste, Le Moniteur and etc. The things is they don't have every newspaper to date especially due to natural destruction. My father finally gave me my grandmother's obituary and he had the whole newspaper. So it struck me that there maybe others and it would be helpful if the information was gathered and posted so that the other familys in the paper could have access as well. So I ask of you if you have a newspaper that contains information of people from Haiti to either scan the entire paper or just the obituaries. You if you could please send me the information/scans to saintgenealogy@gmail.com it would be appreciated. I will be making a database made up of haitian familys all over the world based off of Obituaries from Newspapers. please include the date and name of newspaper so i can give people the source of the information. Thankyou and God Bless.
-Claudy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Claudy Lavin 13 Dec 2012 10:58PM GMT 
eGENEee 27 Feb 2013 5:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic