Search for content in message boards

Obit: Lloyd I. Phillips - Burnsville, NC

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Obit: Lloyd I. Phillips - Burnsville, NC

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Mar 2006 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: Phillips
LLoyd I. Phillips, age 73, of Treasure Lane Burnsville, NC, passed away February 22, 2004, at Solace Mountain Area Hospital. A native of Yancey County, NC he was the son of the late Adler and Amanda Williams Phillips. Mr. Phillips was a teacher for both Yancey and McDowell Public School Systems, for 38 years. He was a veteran of The United States Army, and a member of Solid Rock Baptist Church in Marion, NC.

He was preceded in death by: Sister - Opal Pate, Brothers - Niram Phillips, and Ward Phillips. Survivors include: Wife - Jayne Sue Phillips, of the home, Daughters - Carol P. Honeycutt, and husband Grant, of Green Mtn, NC, Angelia Penland, and husband Mikel D., of Burnsville, NC, Sons - Douglas Phillips, and wife Rhonda, of Nebo, NC, John Phillips, and wife Michelle, of Burnsville, NC, Eddie Lewis, and wife Jerri, of Marion, NC, Grandchildren - Tonya Lawing, Sonya Gladden, Dustin Honeycutt, Pamela Hoilman, Amanda Phillips, Erica Phillips, Jason Phillips, Joshua Phillips, Matthew Phillips, Bethany Phillips, Sarah Phillips, Reid Lewis, Mikel J. Penland, Cole Lewis, and Gabriel Penland.

The family will receive friends Monday, February 23, 2004 from 6PM until 9PM, at Henline - Hughes Funeral Home. Funeral Services will be held Tuesday, February 24 - 2PM, at Higgins Free Will Baptist Church,( Hog Branch Road), with Marvin Miller, and Keith Miller officiating. Interment will follow in Howard (number two) Cemetery, located on Piney Hill Road. Memorials may be made to: Solace Mountain Area Hospice, 85 Zillicoa Street Asheville, NC 28801. Henline - Hughes Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

Find a board about a specific topic