Search for content in message boards

Rev.Dr. Thomas Dudley Dancer

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Rev.Dr. Thomas Dudley Dancer

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Dancer
Dr. Thomas Dudley Dancer
DANCER, , DR. THOMAS DUDLEY Dr. Thomas Dudley Dancer, a faithful servant of God went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on July 1, 2006 from Dallas,TX after a lengthy illness with Parkinson's Disease. He is survived by his loving wife Elaine, daughter and husband Stephanie and Zenon Oprysk, son and wife Michael and Jenniifer Dancer, granddaughters Sarah and Rachel Oprysk, cousins and wives Hoyt and Sherry Carruthers, Barry and Etran McComic, uncle Richard McComic along with other loving family and friends. Preceding Dudley in death was his wife Sally Dancer, parents Artie B. and Eather Pearle Dancer and stepson Duane Parton. Dudley was born June 25, 1936 and reared in Selmer, Tennessee. He began his preaching in the Methodist church at age sixteen. He attended Lambuth College in Jackson, Tennessee where he met and married Sally. They moved to Dallas where Dudley earned his Batchelor of Divinity, Master of Sacred Theology and Doctor of Ministry from Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University. Dr. Dancer served at First United Methodist Church Dallas, St. Paul's United Methodist Church Garland, Schreiber United Methodist Church Farmers Branch and Highland Park United Methodist Church. The last fifteen years of his minister was at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church where he mentored numerous clergy and lay people in the gift of Pastoral Care Ministry. As a great communicator, words came easily whether composing poetry, music, letter or preaching. Services celebrating the life of Dr. Dancer will be conducted at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church on Thursday, July 6, at 11:00AM. In lieu of flowers, the family request remembrances of Dr. Dancer be made to Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, designated to The Dancer Memorial Fund. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas TX (214) 363-5401

July 7, 2006
Our close friend, confidant, and dearly beloved pastor. God broke the mold after he made Dudley. Too bad! What an example he set for us to attempt emulate. We shall dearly miss him. Our love and prayers go out to Elaine, Stephanie, Michael and their families.
Crozier & Rita Brown (Dallas, TX )
crozierb@mindspring.com
July 7, 2006
My sincerest condolences to the Dudley Dancer family. Dudley was, to me, and to my family, an Inspiration, a Mentor, a Pastor, a Teacher and a true Friend. I knew Dudley as a member of First United Methodist Church, Dallas and I was deeply blessed by his Discipleship. Dudley was a wonderful person and, in every way, a true "Disciple of Christ"!
George A. Monroe, M.D. (Dallas, TX )
monroemd@swbell.net
July 6, 2006
I loved Dudley and I am so glad
he was part of my life.
He will greatly be missed.
Christine McElfish (Dallas, TX )
July 6, 2006
What a blessing it was to get to know Dudley and Elaine as they lovingly gave of their time to lead a weekly Bible study at our workplace. His absence from us here is made bearable by the knowledge that he is now in the presence of the Savior he so faithfully served. My prayers are with Elaine and the family.
Sharon Hawthorne (Dallas, TX )
July 5, 2006
Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief. May your memories bring you comfort.
Nancy & Eric Benson (Dallas, TX )
umwruthsmith@swbell.net
July 5, 2006
Our Beloved Dudley was Lovers Lane, I never intered the church without seeing Dudleys warm loving face and greeting me with a hug and a kiss. Oh how much we loved You Dudley.
Ruth Smith (Dallas, TX )
umwruthsmith@swbell.net
July 5, 2006
What a great man Dudley was not only as a minister but as a friend as well! He was a tremendous help to me and my family during difficult times we endured. What a blessing he and Elaine were to us all!

My love to the Dancer Family,

Marilynn A. Maus
Marilynn Maus (Dallas, TX )
July 5, 2006
Dudley was so loved by the Bible Study Group at Gardere and made a huge impact on our lives. Elaine carried on that inspiration and is also truly loved by us all. Dudley will be greatly missed, but he is in good hands now, feeling no more pain.
Sandy Tomlinson (Garland, TX )
stomlinson_57@yahoo.com
July 5, 2006
Dudley was a kind, thoughtful and loving man. He will truly be missed.
Suzanne Thurman (Dallas, TX )
July 4, 2006
Dudley was a kind and gentle man.He served God and the church faithfully.My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Maureen Carr (Asheville, NC )
mcparishnurse@aol.com

July 4, 2006
Thanks be to God for the opportunity to know Dudley. Serving with him at Lovers Lane was my blessing. Thanks for the friendship with Elaine and Dudley.
May God comfort and bless this
precious family.
Doris Manning (Asheville, NC )
mcparishnurse@aol.com
July 3, 2006
I have wonderful memories of Dudley from his years as pastor at Schreiber Memorial UMC when I was a teenager. He was a gracious, loving, strong leader who loved teenagers and knew the importance of enabling them to be in ministry. I give thanks for his life and ministry.
Reverend Mary Beth Hardesty-Crouch (Allen, TX )
July 3, 2006
I so sorry to hear of Dr Dancer's passing - I remember him so fondly when he was the pastor of my church years ago (First Methodist Church Dallas). I spend many days at his home playing with Stephanie and he was always so kind to me. He will be sorely missed.
Stacey Beall (Dallas, TX )
stacey.beall@tenethealth.com
July 3, 2006
Dudley was so kind and thoughtful and truly loved and understood his calling. What a great example he set! I am glad I knew him.
Dell Osborn (Dallas, TX )
dosborn@gardere.com
July 2, 2006
I first crossed paths with Dudley, and Sally, in 1959 at a small Methodist Church in Memphis, TN. where he was Youth Minister. When I moved to Dallas I became involved at FUMC as Dudley & Sally were there. Some years later he conducted my wedding ceremony. I am saddened by his passing.
Claudette Rainey-Baker (Halls,, TN )
July 2, 2006
Dudley was a great friend and was always there for our family, especially in our time of need. He was a memorable influence on us all as the youth minister of The First Methodist Church in Dallas during the early 1960’s and we remember the fun time we had when he chaperoned us at a young people’s group at Prude Ranch in Fort Davis.

He was the officiate at the funeral of our mother and sister Kathryn and Christy Reed in 1964 and his heartfelt words on that day helped us to find peace and comfort with their loss.

With time, we hope you will find the same peace and comfort in the memories your shared with him.

Joe, Sally (Kingdom), Wes, and John Reed
Wes Reed (Dallas, TX )
reedx2@sbcglobal.net
July 2, 2006
Dudley was such a great man in every way. We will always be greatful that our paths crossed.
Alicia Wilkerson (Arlington, TX )
asmotherman@theneighborhooddr.net
July 2, 2006
Dr. Dudley Dancer was a friend to me and my Family at First United Methodist Church of Dallas. He was always positive and forward looking, both in mind and spirit. Knowing him blessed my life. He will be missed!

Sincere condolences to the entire Family.
Bill Melton (Dallas, TX )
billmelton37@hotmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions