Search for content in message boards

Thomas G. "Big Tom" Cottier

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Cottier
Thomas G. "Big Tom" Cottier, 47, of Beebe, Arkansas, a U.S. Navy veteran of Desert Storm, husband of Ginger L. Cottier, died on Monday, November 19, 2001. Funeral services are scheduled for Wednesday, November 21, 2001, 2 p.m., at Westbrook Funeral Home, 404 West Dewitt Henry Drive, Beebe. Burial will be at Blasingame Cemetery, El Paso, Arkansas. Memorial donations are appreciated to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, P.O. Box 541688, Dallas, TX 75354-1688. Arrangements entrusted to Westbrook Funeral Home, Beebe, Arkansas.

November 19, 2006
Ginger,
Please know you are not alone, your faimly is in our hearts and prayers each day especially today. I know this is a hard day, it is hard for us all. I can't believe it has been 5 years, sometimes the pain is so real it feels like it just happen. Tom was such a wonderful man and friend to everyone. And then he was a great Father & Grandfather. He took Keith and was a second dad when he needed him and was his best friend. He was a great example and I know he is proud to look down today 5 years later and see the man Keith has become. All the sowing Tom did into these guys lives Keith and Brad, has finally taken hold. Keith turned his life over to God last May and started going to church and is a godly man now. And today I went to sunday school at church and the class is being lead by Brad Jackson and he is teaching on Faith. I was so proud to see all the hard work Tom put into to raising these great men of God up, (Thank you Tom, I know you are reaping your rewards in heaven for the work you did while you were on this earth)
Ginger,
I love you,and your whole entire family has been like a family to me. I will never forget the day we were in your kitchen and Jamie Said Aunt Shanna, who is older you or Aunt Holly? And it blessed me to feel that connected at that moment with him that he asked not even realizing I wasn't really his aunt I was just like one of the family. 5 Years ago today I sat with you at the hospital waiting on the other kids to get there and in one way I felt like I was in the way, but then on the other hand he felt like my dad too, because he treated me just like another daughter telling me what to do when I needed it, and I so loved him for that and you! This day is hard for all that loved Tom for sure, but we have lots of wonderful memories to keep him alive in our hearts everyday until we see him again. You have been my bestfriend and I love you and miss you.
Shanna & Keith
Shanna O'Neal (Searcy, AR)
Contact me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 19, 2006
Mema,
I am sorry for what you are going thru right now. I know this is a hard day for you to remember. I care about you dearly, I miss you and hope I can see you soon. I hope God is with you thru this time, and eases your pain with each passing day.
I miss Mr. Tom alot.
Love, Meagan
Meagan O'Neal (Searcy, AR)
Contact me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 17, 2006
Tom,
You truly left a legacy with us. Sunday will be the fifth anniversary of your death but your memory remains strong. Its hard to believe it has been that long. You were the only person I could have ever called my father's best friend. We miss you, more than words can even say.

Ginger,
You are so strong. I admire you in ways I cannot even count. I am amazed by your courage and determination. I love you always.

Amanda
Amanda Cottier (Sherwood, AR)

August 23, 2002
ginger i never knew tom but he had to be a special man to have a women like you. it hurts me to think of the pain you are going through
joe (SKIP) mccaig (oklahoma city, OK)

December 31, 2001
I never had the priviledge of meeting Mr. Cottier, but I am a good friend of his son, Sean, who we cordially call, "Smitty." I have only known him for 9 months but from my own spiritual education and loving nurishment I understand how he grew up and was raised "in the fear and admonition of the LORD" as was I. I, myself lost my best friend to a tragic incident and I know that the LORD does indeed cause everything to work for good for those who love HIM. With deepest sympathy and love in Christ, SPC Joshua D. Hall
United States Army
Joshua Hall (Grand Rapids, MI)

December 29, 2001
Ginger,
I just got off the phone with you and I thank you for the priveledge of talking about family, Tom, you & God.
After visiting the site at WestBrook, I'm reminded by what a dear, now departed, friend and mentor said to me.
"You know the measure of a person, how much they did for this world, when you see hundreds of people at the funeral and hundreds salute the memory of the loved one."
From looking at all the testimonials to your Tom, I'm sad that I never knew him, but I feel that I've met him here.
We will all be faithful to our memories of Tom--semper fi
Jim Moore
Jim Moore (Granbury, TX)

December 25, 2001
Ginger and family,
We met you in San Diego in 1985 and you have been dear to us every since. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hold on to the warm and good memories you have of Tom as we will. The world is a sadder place now that he is gone. He will never be forgotten. We love you Ginger and pray you heal well and quickly. May God be with you all. Don and Dawn
Don &Dawn Hollowell (Fremont, MI)

December 12, 2001
Well Grandpa Tom......I don't remember much of you but from what I do remember you were a very great guy. I really wish we could have spent more time together and gotten to know each other better before you had to leave. But we have the future in heaven together to get to know each other. And to Mema and everybody else that is sad over this loss the Lord is with you and I'm praying about it every night. I love you guys!

Love,
Torey
Torey Massey (Oak Harbor, WA)

December 10, 2001
Ginger and family,
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. After reading the guest book I know I would have loved to meet
Big Tom. It sounds like he was a wonderful person with a kind heart.
It is such a shame for one so young to be taken from us. I worry for you as I know your heart must be broken into a million pieces.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm just so very sorry that you and your family are suffering such a great loss.

May he rest in peace.

Love always,
Vikki
Vikki Pike (Houston, TX)

December 7, 2001
Dear Ginger & Family,
Please accept our loving sympathy and regret for your tragedy and loss of Tom. We regret not knowing sooner so we could have paid our last respects to Tom. Our prayers are with you, Ginger, for a speedy and full recovery for your injuries. The heartache for you and your family is unmeasurable, but we hope that slowly with time God can mend your broken hearts with love.
We are so proud to have known Tom and we have been so proud of your accomplishments and to have you represent us. We hope that Tom found some happyness being an Arkansas Hillbilly, we appreciate all your hard work and hope that you found enjoyment in this crazy business we are in. We will never be able to replace you, there just aren't many like the two of you out there. But we will certainly do everything we can to find someone to carry on for you in Arkansas.
God has a new plan for you, Ginger, which will give you purpose & meaning again in your life. Please help him by getting well, he needs you!
All our love,
John & Garcy Shelley
Hillbilly Kettle Korn
John & Garcy Shelley (Moore, OK)

November 27, 2001
My dear friend Ginger and Family. So sorry to hear of your loss. No words to ease the pain your going through. The lord is with you in your time of need. God Bless you and give you peace. Flo
Florence P. (Deland, FL)

November 25, 2001
Tom,
You were a father to me in many ways that my father was not. You taught me that nothing is impossible, from fixing cars to houses. You were a true teacher and I will miss you.
Jason Christman (Carrollton, TX)

November 24, 2001
DAD,
There are so many things that I wish I could go back and change. I enjoyed the last supper we shared and the short visit I had with you and mom. I miss you so much already. There were so many opportunities for me to set my pride aside, give you a great big hug and say I love you; I took those opprtunities for granted and never thought for a moment that my days with you were numbered. I hope that your having a wonderful time where you are at, and if you could put in a good word for me, "that would be cool" :))
I love you
with all my heart
monica
monica (dallas, TX)

November 24, 2001
Sometimes the only words to say are: we care, we are sorry, we will pray for the hurt to become more bearable.
With Deepest Sympathy,
John & Nancy Barnes
John & Nancy Barnes (Beebe, AR)

November 22, 2001
Ginger and the entire family of Big Tom- Rick and I met you at Shanna and Keith's house but I new both of you best from all the wonderful things Shanna and Keith told me.
My heart still hurts and tears still stream from my eyes over the loss of Tom.
Today is Thanksgiving and I have many things to be thankful for. I am thankful that Jesus died for me. I am thankful that I was saved many years go. I am indeed thankul that Almighty God saw fit to let me live back in April.
Especially, I am thankful that Tom was a christian and that he is in heaven today with Jesus. I am thankful for the kind of man he was. I am thankful that he stepped up to be Keith's "father" after David died. I am thankful that God allowed him to stay on this earth for 47 years, although we would all agree that it wasn't long enough. But we cannot question God's will.
I know the days ahead will not be easy but always know that there are prayers going up for you and all the children as well as Tom's mother and all his other relatives.
I know that God will be with you and comfort you in this sadden time of your life.
Many thanks for all you and Tom have done for Shanna, Keith and Meagan.
My love to you Ginger.

Marilyn Dandridge (North Little Rock, AR)

November 22, 2001
Thomas...You were my brother...maybe not biological, but a but a brother nevertheless. You were full of good advice and wisdom, although I did not always listen.
You showed me kindnesses while I was sick...as a matter of fact...you were the only one that could make me laugh. You knew how important it was to laugh and my brother...could you ever make me laugh.
Your heart was a good one and you were always one to think of those less fortunate...as a matter of fact...this thought was in your prayers at family dinners.
My sister, your children...the entire family will forever be lessened because of losing you. You were my brother and I will always miss you.
Terry Graham (Springfield, OR)

November 22, 2001
Tom was a big man with a big heart.
I enjoyed working with him and hearing his laugh.Big Tom had a lot
of patience working with me, he taught me a lot. All of his co-workers and I can say he will be missed. We all loved Big Tom. My Prayers go out to his family. I'm glad too, that one day I'll see him again in heaven.
Jon Fisher (Austin, AR)

November 22, 2001
My deepest sympathy goes out to 'Big Tom's family. He is a man that will be greatly missed. Working with him at ITT was a honor. I will see him again one day and it will be in a better place than where we were before.
Jennifer Janson (Olive Branch, MS)

November 22, 2001
We all will miss "BIG TOM" at ITT. Anyone who came in contact with him via phone or in person, left with a new friend. My heartfelt sympathy to the Cottier family. Be strong knowing Tom is in a better place.
Linda Cochran
ITT - Auburn Hills
Linda Cochran (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 21, 2001
To the family of "Big Tom"- I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.
May God comfort you at this most
difficult time. He will be missed.

Barbara Steele (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 21, 2001
We are deepest sympathy to the Tom's family. We knew him through the many events that Flossie's and Hillbilly worked together. He will be greatly missed. But he leaves the greatest gift. The gift that he provided to everyone he met was his warm smile that he shined on everyone. That will be in the hearts of all, even the ones who didn't know his name. Thank you Tom for allowing us to get to know you. Kettle Korn will never be the same.
Rick & Celia Sieck (Hot Springs, AR)

November 21, 2001
I have only known Big Tom a few months but he really made me feel comfortable when I started working at ITT in August,2001. Soon we became great friends and I even came to see him at the State Fair and teased him when he got back to work. Later we talked and found out we each had a gift for the love of horses -- his love was not the same as mine. I told you I will take the horse so you won't get bit any more (smile). I'm sorry time left us unable to finish telling our horse stories. I hope the family knows that all of Big Tom's friends are out here for you to lean on if that be the case. We love you and "BIG TOM" will indeed be missed.
Tammy McKinney (Searcy, AR)

November 21, 2001
Big Tom...I will miss you so much..you are the reason I have a new favorite snack "Kettle Korn". You were always so upbeat and helpful and fun to be with and talk to....Your passing does sadden me but it also has served to make be realize how fragile life really is...Love you Tom
Jan
Jan Whelan (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 21, 2001
Please accept my deepest sympathy
for the tragic loss of "Big Tom".

james sabatini (Sterling Heights, MI)

November 21, 2001
My deepest sympathies go out to the family at this sad time. He was a good man.
Junior Corbit (ITT, Searcy, AR)

November 21, 2001
BIG TOM: EVERYONE THAT KNEW YOU IS DEEPLY SADEN AND WILL MISS YOU TREMENDOUSLY. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO HAVE KNOWN YOU, TO HAVE DISCUSSED THOSE JOB RELATED CHALLENGES, SHARE SOME STORIES FROM THE PAST, AND TO HAVE LAUGHTED WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR THAT. YOU HAVE BEEN A BIG MAN WITH BIG COMMITMENTS TO ITT AND MORE IMPORTIANT TO YOUR FAMILY. WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU AND KEEP YOU IN OUR HEARTS.I HAVE BIG PLANS TO JOIN YOU IN HEAVEN, SEE YOU THERE. MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES TO BIG TOM'S FAMILY AND MANY, MANY FRIENDS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP DURING THIS TIME OF SORROW---I WANT TO. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND WATCH OVER YOU.
DWIGHT STREET (SEARCY, AR., AR)

November 20, 2001
Our Prayers and Sympathy goes out to all of the family and friends of Tom. May God Bless you.
Pam and Lindsey (El paso, AR)

November 20, 2001
To the family of Big Tom: We are so sorry for your loss. Tom will be missed by all. He never met a stranger. His laughter still rings through our hearts and minds. some day we all will meet again.
Ron
Ron Rash (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
To The Family Of "Big Tom" We, here at ITT Industries at Searcy were all very sad to hear of your loss. We as co-workers consider it a privledge to have worked with him and known him for this short time. Tom made our work-place a much brighter place because of his friendly smile and his great attitude. May God Bless and keep you and your family always. Lila Martin &Karen Smith-ITT Searcy.

November 20, 2001
To the family of Tom Cottier,

You have our deepest sympathy.
Clifton & Stephanie Glover (Beebe, AR)

November 20, 2001
To the family of "Big Tom":

Softly as I leave you
by Shirley Chase

Life is uncertain, this I know,
No one knows when they'll have to go.
But should I go first and leave you to face this world alone,
These promises I make you, to give you strength to go on.
When the sunlight awakens you,
I'll be there too.
When the moon shines on your pillow,
I'll be shining on you.
I'll be in the cooling breeze,
as it rustles through the trees.
I'll be in the pouring rain,
as it hits your window pane.
And when darkness dims your vision, close your eyes and look above,
I'll be standing right beside you, you will always have my love.
So my darling as I leave you, Please don't cry for me,
For you know that wherever you are,
Is where I'll always be.
Friend & Co-Worker (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
I was saddened by the news about Big Tom. I have met him and worked with him for almost 2 years, he was always helpful and resourceful. May God bless his soul and may he rest in peace. My sympathy to his family and friends. My e-mail is linda.haddad@auto.ittind.com.
Linda Haddad (St. Clair Shores, MI)

November 20, 2001
BIG TOM,
Your laughter and wit put a smile on my face countless times. I will miss that dearly. I will never forget the stories you shared with me,like the one were you missed getting off of the plane at your destination when you were in the service. That one still makes me laugh. I very much enjoyed the few short years I had to work and laugh with you. I will miss you dearly.
To the family: My deepest thoughts and prayers. It was an honor to know such a good man.

Your Friend Forever,
Jeff Loftin
JEFF LOFTIN (SEARCY, AR)

November 20, 2001
TOM WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH AT THE STATE FAIR, HE WAS SO JOLLY AND A JOY TO SEE AT THE END OF EVERY NIGHT WHEN HE HAD TO CHECK IN WITH VOLUME SERVICES. HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED. OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY IS WITH HIS FAMILY AT THIS TIME OF SORROW.

HAZEL GIBSON
SHEILA WATTS
VOLUME SERVICES AMERICA
SHEILA WATTS (LITTLE ROCK, AR)

November 20, 2001
Big Tom - your laughter will be missed. My thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.
Michelle Watripont (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 20, 2001
"Big Tom", it always seemed to be a little disrespectful to call you this, that is until I realized it was a title of respect and a complement for your big heart, compassion, consideration for others and your smile. Thanks for being my friend, we'll all miss you.
Jim McDaniel (Ortonville, MI)

November 20, 2001
The staff here at BMW would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to you, your staff, and Tom's family. May God bless each of you who are suffering from this tragic event.

Ed Cortner
BMW Assembly Plant
Ed Cortner (Greer, SC)

November 20, 2001
To Big Tom's family and friends. I am very sorry about your loss. Tom was a friend to all and will be greatly missed. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Alisa Bowman (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 20, 2001
To the family of BIG TOM, we are sorry for your loss, may God bless you in the time of need. His friend/family of ITT Industries
David Sterling (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
I offer my prayers and deepest sympathy to the family and friends of 'Big Tom'. As hard as it is to look at his empty desk, I will always be thankful to have known him, even if only for a few short years. I will miss the laughter, but I know, someday, the memories will make me smile. He will be my "friend" forever.
Dallas Kemper (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
To the family and friends of Tom Cottier I send my deepest condolences. I knew him as a man that loved to laugh. His laughter will be sorely missed. That was our connection in this life. I'm sure we'll all laugh together again one day.
Donna Davis (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
Tom,
We have all been blessed from your touch, laughter, and wit. We will always remember you in our hearts. I know we'll meet again some day in heaven and you will be standing there with a big smile and your wings. Your family is in our prayers.
Malinda Bright (Judsonia, AR)

November 20, 2001
TO THE FAMILY OF TOM COTTIER, I SEND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE, TOM WAS A GREAT FRIEND, I KNOW THAT HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED,NOT ONLY BY MYSELF BUT ALONG WITH THE MANY FRIENDS BIG TOM ENCOUNTERED EVERYDAY. I WILL ALWAYS REMEBER TOM FOR HIS LAUGHTER, AND JOY OF LIFE. HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.
SCOTT PORTELL (CABOT, AR)

November 20, 2001
Big Tom will be missed tremendously at ITT. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Marie Falcinelli (West Point, AR)

November 20, 2001
I write this with great sadness at the loss of a fellow worker and good friend. I am so blessed to have know someone as funny, spirited, and smart as Tom. He will be greatly missed at ITT and I will never forget his jolly personality and wit. I would like to express my deepest sympathy to the loved ones he has left and to let you know that God is with you and time will heal all the sadness that you feel at this time. I will keep you in my prayers. Donna
Donna Weir (Searcy, AR)

November 20, 2001
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
by Erma Bombeck
I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.
I would have eaten the popcorn in the ”good” living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn’t show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I would have cherished every moment — realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, “Later, now go get washed up for dinner.”
There would have been more “I love yous” ... more “I’m sorrys,”.....but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute.....look at it and really see it ... live it ... and never give it back.
Here is an angel sent to watch over you .............

* . * ( \ *** / ) * . *
* *( \ (_) / ) * *
* * * .(_/111\ _) . * * *
* * / \ * *
*. * /_____\ *. *

Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow. Please know that we are here for you if you need anything.
Lisa Buehler (Little Rock, AR)

November 20, 2001
Big Tom - he made a big impact on many people. You will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with your family in their time of sorrow.
Celine Skonieczny (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 20, 2001
All of us at ITT corporate in Auburn Hills, MI, will miss Tom terribly. Our prayers are with you.
David Graybeal (Lake Orion, MI)

November 20, 2001
Tom I've been blessed to have you as a friend and coworker. I left you voicemail today just for the opportunity to hear your voice once more. I'll miss your laughter, your smile and your wit. My deepest condolences go out to Ginger and Sean during this trying time.
Jim Porn (Warren, MI)

November 20, 2001
Tom, you have blessed all that you have touched. Your spirt will live on. I can hear the angles singing now that you have your wings. I pray that your family will receive your strength during this time of transition. Until our spirits met again. ITT Coorporate, IT Department, Auburn Hills
Karen Ezell (Auburn Hills, MI)

November 20, 2001
Tom was a good friend and a good man. He will be missed by all of us who were lucky enough to know him.
He was a big man with a big, big heart.
randy morgan (searcy, AR)

November 19, 2001
A good friend and co-worker.
You will be missed by all of us at ITT Industries from top management to production workers. No one will ever be able to replace you in our heart. We pray for your family in this time of sorrow and we know that we will see you one day in Heaven.
God Bless
Rosemary Crouch
Receiving Quality Technican
ITT Industries-Searcy Plant
Rosemary Crouch (Higginson, AR)

November 19, 2001
Offering our deepest condolences during this difficult time.
The Staff of Westbrook Funeral Home (Beebe, AR)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions