Search for content in message boards

Lionel Ted Shoebridge, Jr

Replies: 1

Re: Lionel Ted Shoebridge, Jr

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 11:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: I.B. Green
I live in Huntington WV. My Jr high football team (The Cammack blue streaks) won the cabell county Jr high championship in 1969. Ted Shoebridge was the key note speaker at our awards banquet. I like all my teammates were very excited to meet the great Ted Shoebridge, Ted gave a good speech that night and we were very impressed by his rock hard physical appearance, we all knew how much hard work you had to put in too get a build like his. 1969 was my last year in Jr high, 1970 I and most of my teammates moved on too Huntington high school, I played football for Hunt. High, we practiced at Fairfield stadium, Marshall also practiced at the same stadium, we took the field after Marshall 's team ended their workouts. Sometimes they would practice over their normal time, so this gave my teammates and I a chance to watch the big dogs , they had some very good athletes on that team, Shoebridge could run as well as he could pass, I guess that this was why Woody Hayes wanted Ted up at Ohio St? He had an odd way of passing , most of the time he would jump in the air when he threw the football. If Harris came in at quarterback Ted would move out and play wide recieiver, He was a great ball player, NFL was written all over him. He reminded me of Rex Kern the ohio st QB that won a national championship. But Ted also had some help that team had several top notch players, their record did not reflect the talent. Everyone that knew football in Huntington were waiting for the 71 season. Oh what could have been, I think about those guy all the time, we lost a great one when Ted passed away. Iam very glad I had the chance to get to know Ted Shoebridge my life was better because of his influence. Sincerely I.B. Green
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cantorjoeocho 14 Sep 2008 6:14AM GMT 
bigreene42 11 Feb 2013 6:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic