Search for content in message boards

David Gordon Muster

Replies: 0

David Gordon Muster

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Brown,Muster,

David Muster

David Gordon Muster - "Captain Dave" - age 61, born 1 March 1945, passed away in his sleep on Tuesday, August 24, 2006,in Houston,Texas after a short illness. David was Number 1 son in the Familie Muster that includes his mother and father, Jean Campbell Brown Muster and Douglas Frederick Muster, brothers Randell Ray, Scott Douglas and Gordon Lewis II, sister Deborah Jean (Muster) Thomasson, son and daughter, James Muster and Heather Muster, who has three sons, Basil, Jordan and Lucas, and ex-wife Jenny Muster. Captain Dave came to Houston TX in 1961 when he was a teenager and attended Westbury High School until he enlisted in the USAF in 1963. He left the Air Force in 1968 and returned to Houston where he worked as a structural designer, the last fifteen to twenty years he has worked for Solar Turbines. He became "Captain Dave" when he received his license from the Coast Guard and captained "Hold Fast", the Familie's 53-foot trawler. He was a truly a gentle man, beloved by his friends and family. We will miss you Davie. God bless. David's burial will be conducted at 11:00 am, Tuesday, August 29, at his gravesite in Section 12A of Resthaven Memorial Gardens at 13102 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77060.

David Muster
Tributes

Name: Deborah Thomasson
Address: 5031 Twin Candle Dr.
City: Houston
State/Province: Texas
Zip/Postal Code: 77018
Email Address: debthomasson@yahoo.com

Relation: Sister

Tribute: I first remember my remarkable brother when I was a little girl, new to the family. I was adopted you see and he was my instant hero. The oldest of the boys, and by far the coolest. He wore tight black jeans with a white T-Shirt with his cigarette pack rolled into the sleeve. His hair had the perfect dip in the front and he had a really cool car. But the best part was that David showed he cared. He was so kind to me. He somehow knew that I was just trying to make my way...trying to fit in, and he made me know immediately that I was his beloved sister. When I fell and hit my head hard enough to knock myself out, David was the one who jumped the fence and carried me home. When I came to, he said something funny. I don't remember what it was, but it made me laugh a little, which made my head hurt more. He always knew just the right thing to say to make you feel better. I think David must have been born with a kind soul. His heart was sweet. He enjoyed being with the boys each Friday night, enjoyed just being together playing a game. I went to one of those nights. It was great. I'm so glad I was able to experience that. He loved being the host, making something great to eat and just being together. He cared deeply for his family. Deeper than many people realized. He was always willing to do for others and never cared for someone to do for him. These last couple of months, David was sick, but none of us knew just how sick. He didn't want anyone worrying about him. When I was with him the day after his surgery - when he was in great pain - he apologized that I had to come up there to be with him. I don't think he wanted anyone to know - to worry, but he relaxed when I told him he was being silly - that he would be there for me. He couldn't deny that. What can I say? I will miss that sweet brother of mine. But I know I will see him again. I know he accepted Jesus as his savior. So David, my brother, keep an eye out for me when it is my time to join you. I love you big brother.

Name: Gloria McLeod
Address: 7618 Twin Hills Drive
Zip/Postal Code: 77071
Home Phone: 713-772-1492
Email Address: gmacld@swbell.net

Relation: Friend of Family

Tribute: Doug and Jeanie, I was so sorry to read of David's death in the paper this morning. My deepest sympathy to you and all the family. I haven't had to deal with the loss of a child yet but I think that would be as hard or harder than losing a beloved husband or wife. That I know about. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you through this sad time. Hold Fast! Gloria

Name: Rev. James A. McLeod
Address: P.O. Box 135
City: Cat Spring
Zip/Postal Code: 78933
Home Phone: 979 992-3596
Email Address: jamcleod@industryinet.com

Relation: Chaplain of Clan MacLeod Society, USA

Tribute: To the Muster Family, I did not know David nor do I know personally you who are parents, siblings and other relatives of David Muster. Gloria McLeod has told me of the contribution made by the Muster family in the past to the activities of the Clan MacLeod Society. So, I leave this remembrance as the representative of Clan MacLeod Society, USA. I currently serve as its chaplain. May your entire family feel the love, support and comfort of family, friends, and the Holy Spirit. May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and and be gracious unto you; may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Now and forever more. AMEN

Name: Margaret Muster Noonan
Address: 5703 Dolores
Zip/Postal Code: 77057
Email Address: margaret@noonan.ws

Relation: Spouse of 20 years

Tribute: Golden were the good times.

Name: SID HOLCOMB
Address: 10702 CHEVY CHASE

Name: SID HOLCOMB
Address: 10702 CHEVY CHASE
City: HOUSTON
Zip/Postal Code: 77042

Name: Melba Cagle
Address: 2039 Columbia
Zip/Postal Code: 77008
Email Address: yeeha2u@aol.com

Relation: friend

Tribute: I will always remember David as a good cook and a wonderful host. I remember all the dart games, ping pong games, and many a domino game. He will be missed by all of us who knew him.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions