Search for content in message boards

watkins chimpanzees

Replies: 5

Re: watkins chimpanzees

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 11:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Rebecca,
My Mom's family owned a candy store across the street from Palisades Amusement park in NJ in the 1950's, and your family used to bring their chimp and pony show to the park in the summer. During those years, the families became friendly. Mom's family is named Ruskie.
Some time in the 1970's, my Mom, Aunt and Grandmother brought my sister and me to Louisville, where we visited with your family and got a cool behind the scenes look at the zoo. I think my Aunt Maureen Ruskie is going to contact you, we have some photos of your family from this era that we would be happy to share with you.
My sister and I grew up hearing lots of great stories about Palisades Park and the candy store my family owned, and the 'Buddy and Elsa' stories featured prominently! My sister and I were about 4 and 7 when we came to visit you guys at the zoo, and it made a real impression to meet your large and loving family and all of the chimps!
-Laura Cotton
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rebecca thompson 2 Jun 2006 1:47PM GMT 
steve fenn 25 Oct 2006 4:18AM GMT 
Rebecca Thompson 26 Oct 2006 3:26PM GMT 
Stephen Fenn 26 Oct 2006 7:17PM GMT 
Laura Cotton 26 Aug 2013 5:11PM GMT 
Tgilpinkmf 22 Jun 2014 4:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions