Search for content in message boards

Tybell Family

Replies: 2

Tybell Family

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tybell
I am looking on any info on the Tybell family.

My Grandfather John Tybell 1890(abt)-1953 was a circus performer in Australia. Apparently he was an American, but I can't confirm if his surname was actually Tybell or he just took the name on for his showbiz act.

The earliest I have seen the name Tybell mention performing in Australia is in 1907 as a trapeze act. From what I can make out, there was a male and female performer in the act. The male performer is known as the Iron-jaw marvel, due to performing while suspended by the mouth. I assume that this is my grandfather. He performed in various circus acts until 1931 when joined the railway in the Northern Territory, Australia.

I can't find any record of his birth or arrival in Australia, so the information of him being from America may be correct.

I have seen mention of the Tybell name in American circus acts, so I wonder if there is a connection. One that looks promising may be Julian Tybell:

Name: Julian Tybell
Birth Date: 1867
Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois
Death Date: 4 Apr 1938
Death Place: Bremen, Cook Co , Illinois
Burial Date: 6 Apr 1938
Burial Place: Chicago, Cook Co., Illinois
Cemetery Name: Cedar Park
Death Age: 66
Race: White
Marital Status: M
Street Address: 10806 So. Western Ave.
Residence: Chicago, Cook Co., Illilnois
Spouse Name: May
FHL Film Number: 1818556

He would be about the right age to be John Tybell's father. But I'm only clutching at straws here.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
john_h_67 26 Jan 2013 2:26AM GMT 
naomi cuzen 28 Jul 2014 11:37AM GMT 
john_h_67 29 Jul 2014 5:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic