Search for content in message boards

French Milton Pegram

Replies: 4

Re: French Milton Pegram

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: French Milton Pegram
Hi, long story, just typed long message and lost entire thing don't feel like retyping. My grandfather is French Milton Pegram. He died in around 1969 and is buried in Combs Cemetery in Owens County Indiana. My grandfather changed his name before the birth of his second child with my grandmother. On his first child's birth certificate, my aunt Margaret, his name was listed as French Milton Pegram. Then while my grandmother was pregnant with second child a man was bothering her so my grandfather hit him, the man fell hit his head on a rock and my grandfather thought he was dead so he got scared and he changed his name to Jackson Henry Smith. There after listed on the rest of his children's birth certificates had his alias listed not his real name.. All the kids remember my grandmother always calling him Peg for short. He also said he was born in West Virginia and a coal miner. He also told his kids his mothers name was Anna Bragg and his grandmothers name was Willie. My aunt Margaret hired a private detective back in the 1980's and he found my grandfather was in fact French Milton Pegram. My grandfathers birthday was February 14, 1891. There is no records listed of a Jackson Henry Smith being born in West Virginia, a coal miner, with a mother named Anna Bragg and a grandmother named Willie.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tanya Martinez 1 Apr 2005 8:20PM GMT 
Lily 14 Apr 2005 3:38PM GMT 
omer69 11 May 2006 1:33AM GMT 
shepard999 4 Oct 2008 2:14AM GMT 
Bnmolson85 7 Apr 2013 9:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic