Search for content in message boards

looking for family

Replies: 15

Re: william "red eagle" weatherford

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 8:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
To all:

Please do yourself a favor and dont believe the letter that William Perry Weatherford wrote as it is not true. He is related to William Weatherford (Red Eagle) however, not as a grandfather but as a cousin. I have recently discovered that his name (William Perry) is not even his real name. His real name is Perry Davis Weatherford as listed on the 1870 and 1880 census with his parents. For some reason he (Perry Davis) Lied about his connection to Red Eagle and changed his name to William Perry Weatherford. If you look at his Headstone where he is buried, you will see what I am talking about as he is buried next to his wife Carrie Elizabeth as Perry Davis Weatherford not William Perry Weatherford. Perry Davis (William Perry) was my grandfathers grandfather, he has stated that he remembers him and some of the things he did with him as a child. I will ask him very soon if he knows anything about the name issue and repost what I find out..
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1_GTA 4 Jan 2012 3:18PM GMT 
DebBales1954 5 Jan 2012 6:39AM GMT 
mpaintball200... 2 Mar 2009 11:43PM GMT 
stephensrandy 2 Nov 2009 10:59PM GMT 
gblewis189 10 Jan 2010 11:19PM GMT 
donald robbin... 25 Jul 2011 2:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions