Search for content in message boards

Buck, black sheep

Replies: 3

Buck, black sheep

Elaine Mackey (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buck, Boulton, Black, Payrott, Vincent, Conroy, Treadwell, Balongue, Crawford, Mead, Grindle, Grindel
My great grandfather was known as the white sheep of the family, which is why my query is about his brother Parmer (sometimes recorded as Palmer) Ensign Buck. Parmer was born 1855 in Elmira, Chemung, NY and died 1936 in Lansing, Ingham, MI. According to a woman I met who was friends with his daughter Ruby Buck (1897-1967, m first Leroy Balongue, 2nd J. William Crawford), he had 8 wives. I've only been able to find 6: Carrie Boulton married 1874 Manistee MI; Caroline Margaret Black m 1880 Manistee (previously married to Daniel Grindel, son Edwin Grindle); Sarah E. Payrott m c 1895-1896 MI? NY? Ruby's mother; Josephine Vincent m 1900 probably Oceana or Mason County MI; Marguerite Sarah Conroy m 1902 in Wesley Mason MI (mother of Persis Buck Mead); and N. Louise Treadwell m 1920 in Summit Mason MI. There is a gap between Carrie Boulton and Caroline Black, between Caroline Black and Sarah Payrott, and Sarah Conroy and N. Louise Treadwell, which I think is where the missing marriages should be. His prison record from Jackson State Prison states "# of times married: 5" (with the 5 underlined 3 times) but I do have the 6 marriages above stated (unless he hadn't actually married Sarah Payrott, Ruby's mother). He may have married in MI, WI, NY, or MN, all places he lived, or some other state (or country!) I would like to find those other 2 wives! Can anyone help? I'd also like to hear from descendants of the wives-if there were any.

Oh, he went to jail at the age of 66 convicted of rape.

I'm pretty sure he had some feminine companionship druing those gaps between known marriages.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Elaine Mackey 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Elaine Mackey 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
arjb1859 20 Jun 2002 4:50AM GMT 
knightsbbs 29 Jan 2011 1:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions