Search for content in message boards

Theodore F. Schumacher

Replies: 1

Theodore F. Schumacher

Posted: 26 May 2003 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find out any information that I can about Theodore F. Schumacher. He was born in Washington,DC between 1886 and 1887. His parents were Antoinette and Theodore Schumacher. Theodore Schumacher senior committed suicide in front of young Theodore F.
Theodore F. was a scoundrel, cad, and possibly a bigamist. In 1920 census information he is listed as married to 2 women at the same time. He is listed with his wife Margaret, their child, and his father-in-law at said father-in-law's DC house. He is also listed as a boarder with his wife Mildred in a house in Baltimore.
We know he was legally married to Margaret and later divorced from her. However, no marriage record to Mildred has surfaced.
Later that year, Mildred gave birth to their daughter. No record available.
He packed the family, (Mildred and baby), and moved to Buffalo, NY area. At some point in the next few years he abandoned Mildred and the little one.Efforts to track him down were fruitless.
Family "info" says that he was married at least 3 times.That he might have served in WWI. And that he was a cook. That he had a restaurant in the San Diego area. And that he died in California. When and where?
His mother's obituary did not list him with her children. He was still living at the time. His siblings had not forgiven him for his misdeeds. (Which ones they were upset about is anyone's guess)
Mildred's child had contact with him when she became an adult sometime in the mid 1940's. She was disappointed with the encounter.
Does this black sheep ring a bell with anyone?
Would love to piece together more about him since he is my son's great grandfather. Thanks.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KatherineTHak... 26 May 2003 11:31PM GMT 
PatPoore36548... 17 Feb 2011 3:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions