Search for content in message boards

John (Johannes ) Adam Matter And Theodore Boardman

Replies: 3

John (Johannes ) Adam Matter And Theodore Boardman

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Matter, Boardman
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get a couple of facts verrified. If there is any record that would be readily available to those that have researched. This is regarding two people, those listed in the subject title.
My 6th great grandfather: Theodore Boardman (b.22 Dec 1747 d.21 Sep 1816) enlisted into Continental Army with Capt. Judah Williams's co. Records supposedly can also place him with Capt. Warren's Co., Col. Bagley's Reg., 1778 and Corporal in Capt. Israel Harris's Co.

My 7th great grandfather John (Johannes ) Adam Matter (b. 24 Jan 1732 d. 22 MAY 1802 ) "In 1776...enlisted as a private in the Company of Associates commanded by Captain Albright Deibler. This company was made up of farmers in the vicinity, and it marched from Lancaster to New York City, and fought in the Battle of Long Island. Captain Deibler's company was involved in the rear guard action covering the retreat, suffering heavy casualties and having a large number taken prisoner by the British.
In late 1777, John Adam became a corporal in Captain Martin Weaver's Co., 4th Battalion, Lancaster County Militia, and served in this capacity until the end of the Revolutionary war."
From: "Historical Book of Berrysburg and Mifflin Township" 1969.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Gary Metz.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
camiamber 17 Jul 2012 6:22PM GMT 
frostfreedet 23 Jul 2012 5:49AM GMT 
mahmoodn41 14 Nov 2012 5:20PM GMT 
gmasonson50 19 Aug 2013 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions