Deleted

Replies: 13

Re: I need some help with my DAR application

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 5:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2012 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Crawford
Hi Laura,

Thank you very much for letting me know, I just had to be certain I am doing things right the first time around.

Benjamin Harrison is such a tricky name, as there are several Benjamin Harrisons in my tree. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to locate his grave. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is located in the Ansley Family Cemetery and is likely unmarked. He had a daughter by the name of Rebecca Harrison, who married James A. Ansley.

I know that Johann Peter Rape is the father of Peter Rape II who served during the Revolutionary War as part of a militia in the Salisbury District. The source of this information is from the NCDAR, Roster of Soldiers From North Carolina In The American Revolution, P. 358. He achieved the rank of Soldier. His DAR Patriot Ancestor Number is A094585. I'm curious if his father served, and if I can use his Son's information as a starting point to locate his potential location of service, but I am unsure of where to look for such records, if they still exist.

I have been unable to verify if Archibald Crawford served during the Revolutionary War, or that he has any immediate family who served and I am at an end for him at the moment but hope springs eternal!

I did indeed check the GRS system for these Patriots prior to asking, but I thought perhaps I might have overlooked something in my inexperience with the system that an experienced user might not have.

I truly appreciate the assistance you have given me, and I sincerely hope that you enjoy the holidays.

Thank you once again,

~ Katherine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katherineemea... 22 Dec 2012 5:49AM GMT 
carol santos 23 Dec 2012 2:23AM GMT 
katherineemea... 23 Dec 2012 3:35AM GMT 
jrbowdenjr 23 Dec 2012 11:48AM GMT 
katherineemea... 23 Dec 2012 12:56PM GMT 
katherineemea... 27 Dec 2012 5:43AM GMT 
jrbowdenjr 27 Dec 2012 12:18PM GMT 
katherineemea... 27 Dec 2012 12:25PM GMT 
jmyoung365 27 Dec 2012 7:04PM GMT 
katherineemea... 28 Dec 2012 9:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions