Search for content in message boards

Deleted

Replies: 13

Re: I need some help with my DAR application

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I descend through Thomas Ansley and Peter Rape II who are both listed in the DAR and are direct Ancestors. I plan on ordering their records and entering through them since their lineage is clear and easily proven.

However, I am interested in proving new Ancestors and relatives through the DAR where possible. The biggest barrier to those wanting to join the DAR is not having a Patriot already listed. People generally enter the name of their Ancestor and if they don't find them listed, they give up. I am interested in knowing if collateral family members can be listed on a supplemental application, or if there is a way to ensure that they are not forgotten. As time passes, records are lost, names are forgotten and proof is harder to locate. I want to make sure that my kin are never forgotten.

I am also wondering if there is a way to enter my Mother and my Sisters at the same time, or if individual applications for each of them must be sent. There are five of us altogether, so anything I can do to cut back on repetitive paperwork would be a blessing.

I am also curious if Benjamin Franklin Harrison Abt. 1754-1833, Johann Peter Rape 1724-1787 and Archibald Crawford ?-1821 are listed as Patriots. I don't believe that any of them have been proven as of yet.

I know that Archibald Crawford was the father of William Carroll Crawford, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and his wife, Nancy Elinor Carroll is allegedly related to Charles Carroll of Carrollton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, although I have not been able to pinpoint the exact relation. While I wouldn't be able to enter the DAR under Charles Carroll, I can see from the DAR's GRS that Carroll's descendents are in doubt and by doing some research I might be able to help uncover new information and clarify some of the disputes regarding his lineage. Like you suggested, I am trying to put together extended family trees in the hope that they may be of use to others.

I have contacted my DAR Chapter here in Utah, and I have been sent my DAR Application Working Papers. I am still working on gathering my records as I want to submit the most complete application possible.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts, they are truly appreciated!

~ Katherine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katherineemea... 22 Dec 2012 5:49AM GMT 
carol santos 23 Dec 2012 2:23AM GMT 
katherineemea... 23 Dec 2012 3:35AM GMT 
jrbowdenjr 23 Dec 2012 11:48AM GMT 
katherineemea... 23 Dec 2012 12:56PM GMT 
katherineemea... 27 Dec 2012 5:43AM GMT 
jrbowdenjr 27 Dec 2012 12:18PM GMT 
katherineemea... 27 Dec 2012 12:25PM GMT 
jmyoung365 27 Dec 2012 7:04PM GMT 
katherineemea... 28 Dec 2012 9:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions