Search for content in message boards

56th-77th Annual Reports DAR. Senate documents (United States Congress, Senate). Government Printing Office: Washington, DC

Replies: 3

Re: 56th-77th Annual Reports DAR. Senate documents (United States Congress, Senate). Government Printing Office: Washington, DC

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2013 12:51PM GMT
Hatcher took her data from the DAR listing. The data may have been provided by a local chapter's list. It might be more productive to contact the nearest chapter to the gravesite to see if they have any info. Since the findagrave listing does not mention a DAR marker, the chapter itself did not have the grave marked based on something they knew. This is curious.

One of my ancestors' gravestone had a DAR marker whomped onto it despite there being no DAR member in the local chapter who was a descendant of his, and there being no proof of his having been a patriot (oh, his common name is on a militia list, but there's no further evidence connecting my ancestor to that list). Queries failed to turn up any information as to how the chapter came to install the marker. It's a bit mysterious.

I hope the process of your man's entry's landing in the Hatcher book is more straightforward.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Thomas_Mick 21 Dec 2013 7:12AM GMT 
frostfreedet 22 Dec 2013 9:58PM GMT 
Thomas_Mick 23 Dec 2013 3:03AM GMT 
frostfreedet 23 Dec 2013 7:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions