Colonel John Lamb

Replies: 5

Re: Colonel John Lamb

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2004 9:50PM GMT
Dear Rebecca Graves,
Thank you so much for your query.
I found your John Lamb listed in the NSDAR Patriot Index with the following information:
LAMB, John
Birth: NY 1 Jan 1735
Service: NY
Death: NY 31 May 1800
Patriot Pensined: No
Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No
Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: (1) Catherine Jandine
It is possible to order a record copy of an application filed with NSDAR for Edmund Baker. This would be a copy of an application filed by a descendant of Edmund Baker for admission into NSDAR. A record copy will give you information about the service of the patriot, information about his children, a list of generations down to the applicant, and sources of proof of information supplied. This will be helpful when doing research on a particular person.
Just send your request along with a check in the amount of $10.00 payable to the Treasurer General NSDAR to the following address:
Registrar General, NSDAR
Attn: Record Copy Department
1776 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-5303.
Include the information above with the request. It usually takes about six weeks to get a reply.
Would you, or someone in your family, be interested in joining the Daughters of the American Revolution or the Sons of the American Revolution? If so, I will be glad to refer your name to our Chairman so she can help locate a Chapter. Please send an email to me at mhdill@bellsouth.net if you are interested.
Again, thank you for your query. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to write.
Regards,
Margaret
This is a free lookup service provided by the VIS Volunteers at the DAR Message Board

Post Reply | Mark Unread | Report Abuse Print Message

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca Graves 24 Apr 2003 4:35PM GMT 
mhdillard1 24 Apr 2003 5:32PM GMT 
Cquilter61 10 Jul 2008 2:51AM GMT 
1ltmwb1 17 Apr 2011 5:49PM GMT 
1ltmwb1 23 Apr 2011 7:47PM GMT 
hiztorybuff 17 Mar 2013 12:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions