Search for content in message boards

MONROE, Elijah and Nehemiah

Replies: 3

Re: MONROE, Elijah and Nehemiah

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Munroe, Monroe, McFeeley, McFeely, Peglow, Sapp
Nehemiah Monroe/Munroe (b 1785) was also the father of and was living with Ransom Munroe/Monroe (age 39)in 1855. He was living with Ransom's family in "Cameron, Steuben, New York" when Nehemiah was 70 years old in an 1855 New York Census. I did see that Nehemia Monroe and Anna were given as the parent's names for M. Nehemiah Monroe who died on February 4,1884 in Jamestown, Chautauqua, New York at the age of 74 (b 1810). That's just as far as I've gone on that side as of this date.
Ransom was the father of my great-great grandmother Sarah D. Munroe. I know Sarah was also born in New York. She later married James McFeeley/McFeely and raised a family of 12 children in Bureau Co. IL(later died in Cook Co.,IL).
Although, James was a sergeant in the Civil War and built houses, he is buried in an unmarked grave in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cook Co., IL. When I first went there in the 1980's and 1990's, Sarah's grave had a marker and she and James were buried next to one of their daughters Anna Sapp. Sarah's marker was no where to be found a few years after that; and the office could tell me nothing, although I had the records from years before (and also newspapers). My gr. grandfather was George McFeeley who married Elizabeth Peglow (1878-1972).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shelly Harris 27 Sep 2003 6:34PM GMT 
JANDOWNING 27 Sep 2003 9:14PM GMT 
barbararock25... 8 Feb 2013 9:05PM GMT 
ShellyH4 9 Feb 2013 2:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic