Search for content in message boards

Margaret Fernie, Strathmiglo Scotland

Replies: 5

Re: Margaret Fernie, Strathmiglo Scotland

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Doug, would you mind if I gave you a ring at some stage ( I think I have found the correct phone number in the Canadian White Pages) to exchange email addresses for ease of communication down the track. I could then forward you details of my line down from Andrew Fernie as well as other branches of the family if you were interested. I will also follow up on your "story" regarding Margaret's brother coming to Canada to check if she was alright - perhaps I will be able to confirm the story & find out which brother it was by checking some shipping records. Coincidentally,I just discovered recently that Andrew Fernie's grandson William Sutherland also emigrated to Canada early in 1900. He married a Susan Gibbard in 1906 in Barrie, Toronto and must have died soon after as she is listed as a widow in the 1911 census. I am now wondering if his brother Andrew Fernie Sutherland also went to Canada as I can find no trace of him in Scotland after 1921. Lots of unanswered questions but all very interesting! Will keep in touch.
Cheers, Carolyn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mcnaugh157 4 Feb 2010 8:00PM GMT 
benvaylis9 17 Jul 2012 11:28AM GMT 
mcnaugh157 25 Jul 2012 4:22AM GMT 
benvaylis9 28 Jul 2012 2:02AM GMT 
mcnaugh157 30 Jul 2012 4:04PM GMT 
benvaylis9 2 Aug 2012 1:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic