Search for content in message boards

B'Nai Eleazar

Replies: 2

B'Nai Eleazar

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in any members who were part of, recognize, or know anything about Bnai Eleazar or B'Nai Eleazar West, or family members or their descendants who were a part of the society. B'Nai Eleazar, which literally means, "Children of Eleazar," was a "cousins club" that served to help relatives stay in touch, have social events, and provide a place for loved ones to be buried. It is still active today. The organization was incorporated in 1925, with many members being buried at "The Riverside" Saddle Brook, New Jersey. Several members started a secondary group called "B'Nai Eleazar West" out in California, but I don't know where they were being buried.

The majority of people came to the United State in the early 1800's to 1900's and were from Volkovysk, Bielorussia.

There are many surnames involved in the family, some of the biggest groups would be Friedman, Levine, Kalmans, Kalmanowitz, Belitz, Claster, Hewett, Gelb, Filmer, Allen, Katz, Loner, Howritz, Dubroff, Horowitz, Lieberman, Edelstein, Elkin, Freedman, Fried, Goodstein, and many many others.

There are groups of people that I know are related, but I have been unable to put the pieces together.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rowenazylali 18 Jul 2012 9:53PM GMT 
jacq61034 6 Jul 2013 11:09PM GMT 
rowenazylali 7 Jul 2013 3:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions