Search for content in message boards

very frustrated-need help

Replies: 11

Re: very frustrated-need help

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 9:34AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Kuresh - Stasiuk - Bodnuruk??
My name is James Kuresh and if you're not my cousin Linda Kuresh Windfield, then I can tell you some things with a certain degree of certainty. Other things I'm not completely certain of so bear with me.My paternal grandfather was named Jacob Kuresh (although there is another spelling ending in cz??). He came to Halifax by ship from Horodenka in 1901 I'm sure I have records to support this but after several moves may have a bit of difficulty locating them. He was married to Pearl Stasiuk(??)1n the early 1900's here in Canada.I'm sure I have records to support this but would have to locate them. They lived in Winnipeg where Jacob worked for the Winnipeg Electric Railroad, and had six children, four of whom took education in English during the day and Ukrainian during the evening. They were Bill,Helen,Ann and John (Ivan my father). this means they were all completely bi-lingual English and Ukrainian, betraying no accent in either language.Pity none of them taught their children! This was the Winnipeg family. Now I believe that the twins Jack and Dorothy were born in Prudhomme Saskatchewan where they had the twins Harry(Jack)and Dorothy who isthe sole survivor of that family and is in her late 70's or early 80's. We do not keep in touch. Pearl moved on with her children to Rosedale Alberta near Drumheller and ran a small coffee shop. She apparently remarried a man called "The Chief" Bodnuruk(??) She is buried near my sister Carol(who died at three in Rosedale)in the Newcastle (Drumheller graveyard and her tombstone reads Pearl Kuresh Bodneriuk.I have a picture of the gravesites. Hope this is a help to you. My e-mail address is accurate so contact me any time. All the best James W. Kuresh Victoria BC Cananda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LyndaWinfield 16 Oct 2007 10:29PM GMT 
@@winjim@telu... 25 Dec 2012 4:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions