I am just starting to search for the ancestors and relatives of Peter (Roy?) Mulyk. I would also like to know how to spell MULYK in the Ukrainian (Cyrillic) alphabet. Also, does Mulyk mean anything in Ukrainian?
This is what I know about Peter Mulyk:
- born in the Ukraine in about 1924 (year could be wrong).
- fought for the Germans during World War 2
- deserted the German Army and escaped from the Ukraine to England
- In England, he married Peggy Perfect, from Derby, England
- They moved to Ottawa and then later Victoria, BC
- In Ottawa Peter did work for the Ukrainian Embassy (or equivalent at the time) at some point.
This is all I know. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should best go about my research? Does anyone know of any Ukrainian websites where I could search for email addresses or phone numbers of potential Mulyk cousins (and other relatives) still in the Ukraine? Does anyone know how common of a last name Mulyk is in the Ukraine? I found some Mulyk's from Borynychi, Lviv, Ukraine listed on familysearch.org