Search for content in message boards

Help with finding family in Ukraine.

Replies: 0

Help with finding family in Ukraine.

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 10:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: кобеько Kobewka Kobeko
I am currently researching my family tree. My Grandfather was from Ukraine (believed to be born in Kiev although we have no birth certificate). My Auntie has found some old letters from my Grandfathers first daughter who none of us have met. The envelopes say that she had lived in Sniatyn Raion in 1961 and a later envelope has Horodenka (Gorodenka) in 1964. I know these are neighbouring disticts in Ivano Frankivsk Region. There is no other clue as to which village/ towns she lived in and no postal/zip code. My Ukrainian is not very good. So i have had trouble finding more information. The surname on the letters is spelled кобеько which i think is Kobeko but our surname in England is spelled Kobewka. My half Auntie in Ukraine will now be in her 70s and may well have been married since the letters were written. Can anyone offer me any help on where and how to find out more information. It would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions