Search for content in message boards

The Grove childrens home stourbridge rd Bromsgrove

Replies: 5

Re: The Grove childrens home stourbridge rd Bromsgrove

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Micky,
Yes, I remember the film shows which were provided by the variety club being shown in the large playroom each month. I also remember the little blue door fronted lockers situated around the edge of the playroom for each child to put their things in.
I remember the bell ringing for mealtimes and having to say grace before breakfast, dinner & tea. Pocket money would be issued out on a Saturday afternoon (if you had been good you got some) by Roy Pinder,who encouraged us children to save a little.We would go to town and spend it. Church on sundays morning was a must,dressed in our sunday best.As for staff I remember Mrs slatter who worked in the kitchen baking nice cakes, cheese straws and such delights. Mrs Childs who took care of the laundry.I went to Parkside, It was a middle school when I attended, I went on to attend north bromsgrove high there after. I arrived at The Grove aged 12yrs in 1973 and on leaving high school went home to my mother aged 16 yrs in 1977. I do hope that life has been kind & good to you having had a difficult start. Kind Regards Jane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
crazyjane1960 9 Mar 2012 11:22PM GMT 
Micky_Jefferi... 12 Jan 2013 2:01PM GMT 
crazyjane1960 12 Jan 2013 5:27PM GMT 
Micky_Jefferi... 12 Jan 2013 7:21PM GMT 
crazyjane1960 13 Jan 2013 10:08PM GMT 
Ryan Knight 8 Sep 2013 12:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions