Search for content in message boards

Illinois Institute for Feeble Minded Children, Lincoln City IL

Replies: 18

Re: Illinois Institute for Feeble Minded Children, Lincoln City IL

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
I tend to concur, in fact I know of one young child who was placed there who was not feeble-minded. He was perfectly healthy. He was placed there because he was an "illegitimate" child. His mother married when he was still less than 2 or 3 years old and the new "father" resented the child and insisted he be placed in this home. the mother, for whatever reason, was unable to resist doing so. I am trying to find out if he ever got out. His brother wants to find news of him. Actually, his half brother. The person I am assisting was the son of the "man" who insisted this child be placed there. The child's names was James Thomas Conroy or Thomas James Conroy, I believe the former, he was born very near January, 1939. It was a tragic situation. I hope he made his way out without becoming institutionalized. How can we find out what became of him. Incidentally, my friend whom I am helping was later placed in a home himself for the reason that he was "unruly" but it was the parents who were unruly actually. Because they got money for letting him live with them they did eventually take my friend back but they used the money for their own purpose and not for my friend's benefit. It is hard for me to remain neutral on this but I do not wish to say too much. Children love their parents, sometimes in spite of what the parents do to them, amazingly. So I do not wish to say too much and risk offending. ANY HELP PLEASE would be appreciated. It is too late now but my heart bleeds for a normal healthy baby boy to be abandoned so cruelly to grow up in a cold institution.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Millionthefar... 24 Jan 2007 12:43AM GMT 
Millionthefar... 24 Jan 2007 12:49AM GMT 
MyTwistedSist... 21 Sep 2008 9:28AM GMT 
KSTANFIELDCOO... 18 Jun 2007 5:01AM GMT 
Millionthefar... 18 Jun 2007 5:08AM GMT 
SHuante 7 Mar 2008 7:47PM GMT 
MyTwistedSist... 21 Sep 2008 9:27AM GMT 
Millionthefar... 21 Sep 2008 11:56AM GMT 
MyTwistedSist... 24 Sep 2008 11:17PM GMT 
Millionthefar... 25 Sep 2008 3:36AM GMT 
per page