Search for content in message boards

Illinois Institute for Feeble Minded Children, Lincoln City IL

Replies: 18

Re: Illinois Institute for Feeble Minded Children, Lincoln City IL

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 7:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bolden
According to my grandmother, her brother (and my great uncle) Inell (or Inel) Bolden, may have been placed in this institution.

Inell was born on or around 1918, and according to my grandmother was placed in this facility when he was 19 or 20 (which would be sometime in the 1930's).

My grandmother tells me that the midwife did not tie his umblical cord until a day after he was born and therefore he lost a tremendous amount of blood. (Sounds weird to me but I am no doctor and who knows how they performed births 100 years or so ago).

Anyway, my grandmother states that because of this loss of blood, Inell was never mentally "right." She stated that he would pound his head against walls and scratch his face and head continiously until he was bloodied. After taking him to numerous doctors, my grandmother stated that her parents were told to take him to this facility were he eventually died a few years after being there. We will never know Inell's true diagnosis as it could have been something simplistic (or maybe not)?

My grandmother is now 98 years old and not in the best health. She has asked me numerous times over the past few years if I could find out were brother Inell is buried (apparently there was no funeral and the insitution simply buried him somewhere and never informed the family).

This is a tough task but if anyone can help me get started on this I would surely appreciate it. My name is Renatto Carr and feel free to email me here or at
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MyTwistedSist... 25 Sep 2008 11:47AM GMT 
Tammy8664 29 Oct 2008 2:56AM GMT 
Millionthefar... 29 Oct 2008 4:03AM GMT 
Tammy8664 30 Oct 2008 5:59PM GMT 
rosemaryburne... 2 May 2009 4:36PM GMT 
vacrenshaw 4 Feb 2010 5:25AM GMT 
rosemaryburne... 4 Feb 2010 11:48PM GMT 
marielund777 1 May 2011 2:46AM GMT 
benobrac1 21 Nov 2012 2:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic