Search for content in message boards

Peter Joseph Dunn

Replies: 2

Re: Peter Joseph Dunn

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 6:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was beyond excited to get your message. It took me a while to reply because I'd had surgery and have been recovering. Martha Carlson was my grandmother and Peter Dunn was my dad. Martha had four children: Charles, Patrick, Mary and Peter. She was widowed before my dad was born and remarried Mr. Carlson who subsequently took the money she had gotten from the railroad that my grandfather worked for (the 1st Peter) and left her. A familiar story, I know. At that point she didn't have enough money to support her whole family, so she put the oldest, Charles in a seminary, kept Mary with her and put Uncle Pat and my dad in Angel Guardian until she could get enough money together to have them with her again. Uncle Pat had a daughter, Verla, who was raised by a woman we always called Aunt Clara, but am finding out from you was probably a 2nd cousin. We went to Flint a couple of times when I was a young girl on summer vacations and always had a great time there. As I remember, she was a wonderful woman - always so warm and good-natured. I do remember grandma having sisters named Bertha and Minnie, who I think was married to Herman. I don't remember Emma. Who were her parents?
Uncle Charlie became Brother Stanislaus and worked as such until his death and is buried at Villa Redeemer in Northern Illinois. Aunt Mary married Albert Lyons and had 4 children: Michael, James (d.1939), Gerald and Janice. Sadly,I have lost touch with them. My dad, Peter Joseph married Hedwig Jane Marie Colfer/Hough in 1936. The reason for the 2 last names is because she was abandoned by her father soon after her mother's death and adopted by ? and Frances Hough when she was a pre-schooler. I was born in April, 1937 and my brother was born in 1945. We are Patricia and Robert. I have 3 children, ages 54,50,&47. My brother also has 3 children, ages 44,35,31.
The priest you mentioned hearing about was my cousin Mickey. He later left the priesthood, married and I think moved to Minn..
Thank you so much for contacting me and
thanks for all the information-you filled in some blanks for me and it's so wonderful to hear from distant kinfolk. I called my brother, Bobby, and said "hooray, we have relatives!! Please keep in touch if you need or want any more detailed info and I will do the same.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lineagepjd 6 Feb 2012 7:53PM GMT 
kemiho 26 May 2013 7:12AM GMT 
lineagepjd 20 Aug 2013 12:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions