Search for content in message boards

Peter Joseph Dunn

Replies: 2

Re: Peter Joseph Dunn

Posted: 26 May 2013 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunn, Carlson, Steinke, Atwell
I can't help with the details you want regarding the orphanage, but I know I'm related to this family and I'm also trying to fill in some of the blanks. Peter and Patrick were my great-grandmother's cousin - Martha Steinke Dunn Carlson had a half-sister Emma Steinke Engel (my g-g-grandmother). I even remember Pat Dunn - I went on a cross-country car trip from Chicago to Oregon in 1982 (when I was 4) with my granparents (Daniel and Dorothy Atwell) to visit my grandfather's sister and Pat came along too.
Patrick and Peter Dunn are listed in the 1920 census as living at the Angel Guardian Orphanage in Chicago but I don't know the details. I have a poor copy of the census, but it looks like their ages are 11 and 7, respectively. By the time of the 1930 census, Martha Carlson (50), Patrick Dunn (22) and Mary Dunn (20) are living at 1729 Fern in Chicago. I'm confused because Martha is listed as the head of the household and Patrick and Mary are listed as S. Son and S. Daughter to the Head. Mary can't be Peter's wife because she's listed as single. Was this another sibling but who wasn't sent to the Orphanage? There's also no mention of Martha's husband but she's not listed as Widowed...so I'm confused on multiple fronts. Was their a priest on this side of the family? I recall hearing that.
Anyway, I do have some info on the Steinke's if you're interested. You may be interested in this obituary of Martha's sister Bertha -
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=45...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lineagepjd 6 Feb 2012 7:53PM GMT 
kemiho 26 May 2013 7:12AM GMT 
lineagepjd 20 Aug 2013 12:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic