In Natchez, MS the diocese opened an orphanage in 1860 in a small building on Aldrich and Pine Streets. Only 12 boys were accommodated there with a diocesan priest Fr. Frederick Muller
being the administrator. December 15, 1865 is when three Brothers of the Sacred Heart arrived
to take over and direct D'Evereux Hall Orphan Asylum. Info is on the Natchez diocesan website
and in the archives of St. Mary's Basilica and on facebook as D'Evereux Hall.