"The Chaut. Co. Alms House and
Asylum" and "St. Mary's Orphan Asylum and School" were two
completely separate instutions. St. Mary's Asylum and
School was established by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1857
in Dunkirk and before the 1881 Atlas they had acquired the
62 acre farm on Bennet Road. The closed School has been
torn down and the farm is now the site of JCC north campus.
The records supposedly went to the R. C. diocese offices in