Search for content in message boards

Need help with German relatives in photo from ~1903 maybe

Replies: 0

Need help with German relatives in photo from ~1903 maybe

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Lubben
I just found this board, so I apologize for the redundancy of having this post under surnames as well as Ostfriestland boards.
My gg grandfather is Ehme Lubben, born in Ostfriestland Germany 1858. I have his naturalization papers, and know he married Antje Weerts, had 4 children, etc. I believe he came to the US when he was approx 26. What I am struggling with is I can't find anything about the family he came from. I have the attached photo, where Ehme in on the right. Based on the writing on the back of the photo, the other people should be his brother and sister in law - but no names were given.
After searching for days to find a sibling of Ehme's in the US, I found a handwritten note in some additional family files that said Ehme's brother remained in Germany.
I also have a plate that is in German and says something along of the lines of May God Watch Over you and keep you safe, Harm and Cornelia Lubben 1903. I don't know if Harm and Cornelia are the brother and sister in law - or not.

If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it!

If anyone is looking for info on the few decendants of Ehme Lubben, I can help with some, and should be able to help with others.

Thanks much! Erika
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions