Search for content in message boards

Canadian Visitors 1958

Replies: 0

Canadian Visitors 1958

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUMPHREY, WOODWARD
This is an awfully long shot, but I wondered if anyone on the list might recognise two Canadian visitors in the attached photograph. The occasion is the 80th birthday of my great grandmother, Louisa HUMPHREY (nee WOODWARD) who is seated in front of the fireplace at the centre of the table. Older family members tell me that the tall man to Louisa's right and the woman on his right flew from Canada for the birthday party and were clearly from Louisa's side of the family as they sat next to her, almost as guests of honour. Louisa had two brothers; George Woodward who, like Louisa, was born in Essex in the 1870s and moved to Manchester in the early 20th century and another brother born in Essex c1875, whose name appears to be Debert on the 1881 census and then I have never found him again. I suspect this Canadian visitor might have been 'Debert' with his wife. I have never previously researched in Canada but am just hoping that someone might recognise the name or the face.

Best regards
Joanne
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions