Search for content in message boards

Family search: TARASOFF, HOLOBOFF, SAVILOFF, PEPIN, and others...

Replies: 7

Family search: TARASOFF, HOLOBOFF, SAVILOFF, PEPIN, and others...

Mark V (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2006 1:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TARASOFF HOLOBOFF SAVILOFF PEPIN PODOVINEKOFF RIEBIN KABATOFF MAKAROFF OSTOFOROFF
Among the names I am researching are TARASOFF, HOLOBOFF, SAVILOFF and PEPIN. I am anxious to hear from anyone with information on these families. I believe the following to be correct (but who can ever be sure!).

Nikolai and Maria TARASOFF arrived on the SS Superior in Junuary 1899. They were accompanied by sons Andrei and Kuzma. Kuzma was accompanied by wife Anna and children Fanny, Lorne, and William(Wasyl). They settled in the Verigan/Mikado/Canora area. Andrew married and had children, among them Thomas, Mary and Anna(?).

Wasyl HOLOBOFF m Masha SAVILOFF arrived on the SS Huron in June 1899. I think they settled in the Saskatchewan colony. They were accompanied by their eight children Anton (m Dora PEPIN), Helen (m Fred PODOVINEKOFF), Polly (m RIEBIN?), Nastia (m Bill KABATOFF), Anna (m John MAKAROFF), Wasyl (m ?), Peter (m ?), and Sam (m ?).

Does anybody have knowledge about the PEPIN family? The Dora PEPIN who married Anton HOLOBOFF had two daughters by her first marriage (Mary and Helen). She later married Evsay OSTOFOROFF and had two sons, John and Peter.

Thanks for any help!
Mark
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark V 4 Mar 2006 8:11PM GMT 
kyla shemanski(ostoforoff) 10 Aug 2006 4:57AM GMT 
shannon_salik... 2 May 2007 5:54PM GMT 
captainsbed 4 May 2007 12:25AM GMT 
Laura Medlin 26 Oct 2006 6:16PM GMT 
babakachevy 25 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT 
hrebalkin 25 Feb 2013 5:29AM GMT 
chelsyostofor... 10 Apr 2007 8:01PM GMT 
per page