Search for content in message boards

Konkin research

Replies: 11

Re: Konkin research

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Konkin, Prescesky, Dybvig, Lewis, Ponkin
I am a descendant of Mabel Konkin (parents John and Mary Konkin) from the Marcelin/Blaine Lake area of Saskatchewan. She was my grandmother. She had three brothers: Peter, Bill, George (George died in infancy), and a sister named Laura. Mabel was married twice. Her first marriage was to a man possibly named George Ponkin. They had three children: George, Evelyn (married to ? Dybvig), and Laura (married to Peter Prescesky). She had two sister-in-laws named Nina Konkin, and Pearl. Her second marriage was to Samuel Lewis (from Saskatoon). They had three children, as well: John, Ronald (married to Christine), and David (diead in ?). There was also a step-son from Sam Lewis' previous marriage, named George. Mabel went to school in the River Hill district. I am the (perhaps unknown) child of John Lewis; I was adopted. I would like some information about this side of the family, as all of the Konkin threads don't seem to list any of these names together. I've gathered the information above, from the obituaries of Mabel and Samuel, as well as my birth father, John. John had a girlfriend named Kathy (my birth mother). They split up and that same year, John died, so I'm not sure how much, or if anyone even knows that I exist, from that side of the family. Grateful for any information you can give me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joannamaureen 19 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT 
joannamaureen 20 Jan 2013 3:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions