Search for content in message boards

Isaac G. Rice, Russian Immigrant, early 1900s.

Replies: 17

Re: Isaac G. Rice, Russian Immigrant, early 1900s.

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Good questions ... I'm researching Isaac based on information provided to me by his son Julian. Even at the age of 91 his memory is quite good, but in this case there is little to go on as his knowledge of his father is limited, since his father died in Panama when Julian was just 10 years old. He distinctly remembers Isaac telling him he was born in Russia (presumably confirmed by any discussion Julian had with his mother about Julian), that Isaac arrived in New York and that he lived for a time in Philadelphia. Since I am speaking with someone who was a child of Isaac and dinstinctly remembers these conversations, I believe that his information is reliable. He also remembers that Isaac had a sister but does not recall her name at the moment.

While I can't prove that the Isaac Rice who was boarding in the Biernbaum house is the same individual, it seems highly likely that he was, not only because the general outline matches the information shared by Julian, but also because Julian also told me that Isaac had moved to Steubenville, OH and owned a clothing store there at the time he married Marceline Brady in Hancock County, WV, which is the same profession that the Isaac Rice living in the Biernbaum household was practicing. Note: Marceline was a native of Bellaire, OH, and Steubenville and Bellaire are both located on the WV border.

Yes, I saw that naturalization record in Rhode Island, but I believe they are different individuals as Julian's father provided a birth date of 17 Mar 1883/1885 on multiple immigration records to/from Panama, while the individual in Rhode Island said he was born 09 Jul 1883. Just to be certain I asked Julian if his father mentioned any time spent in Rhode Island and he does not recall his father ever doing so.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
moonmully 21 Oct 2012 12:31AM GMT 
mensa73 23 Oct 2012 8:52PM GMT 
moonmully 24 Oct 2012 3:55AM GMT 
Mitch Holland... 24 Oct 2012 11:00AM GMT 
moonmully 24 Oct 2012 3:54PM GMT 
mensa73 24 Oct 2012 8:00PM GMT 
moonmully 24 Oct 2012 8:27PM GMT 
camilotmarin 11 Jun 2013 2:12AM GMT 
mensa73 11 Jun 2013 3:54PM GMT 
camilotmarin 11 Jun 2013 2:12AM GMT 
per page