Search for content in message boards

Carmel NJ family information?

Replies: 5

Carmel NJ family information?

Posted: 6 Apr 2014 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marci Smoger
My maternal greatgrandparents were from Carmel among the original settlers. Goldman family. My great Uncle Barney Goldman remained there until his death about 30 years ago as one of the last orignial Jewish families there. I visited Barney alot at the house next door to my greatgrand parents' as that house was in complete disrepair and Barney, the "town handyman" at that point, used the house for storage with old washers and dryers on the porch storing nuts and bolts! I have lots of pictures of Carmel from long ago that he gave me including pictures with my mother and friends from sometime in the mid 40's. All of my relatives until my parents are buried in the cemetary there. I basically know nothing about the real history of the town other than the scant info about the Baron. I would love to talk with anyone who knows any "real" facts about the time and try to connect with a past that was never shared with me. Please email me directly at Artistbound@gmail.com as I do not see this board that often. FYI I have lived in the Phila. suburbs all my life until the last 4 when I first lived moved to Vt. and now permanently in NH. I will be visiting Pa. shortly to sell my house there and hope to find time to visit the cemetary in Carmel...just in case anyone lives nearby either state!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marci smoger 7 Apr 2014 2:24AM GMT 
mensa73 7 Apr 2014 7:20PM GMT 
mensa73 7 Apr 2014 7:24PM GMT 
mensa73 7 Apr 2014 7:30PM GMT 
mensa73 7 Apr 2014 7:35PM GMT 
mensa73 7 Apr 2014 7:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic