Search for content in message boards

Searching: APPEL, CREED,KRAVTSOV,KRAFTSOW, GOTTESMAN, MENDELSON,SCHOCKSTELL,WEITZ,ZELMANOWITZ

Replies: 63

Re: Searching: APPEL, ASHNER, CREED,KRAVTSOV,KRAFTSOW, GOTTESMAN, MENDELSON,SCHOCKSTELL,WEITZ,ZELMANOWITZ

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KRAFTZOFF, KRAFTSOFF, KRAFTZOV, KRAFTSOW, CREED
somehow i started checking old ancestry postings, just by chance today, 10/30/12, and found two i didn't answer. one was from lori epstein bendofsky [sp?] my cousin carole's eldest child, which i never saw until now. so sorry not to have replied to you. saw your mother about 13 years ago---so have the names of your husband and children---i think one of your daughters went to u. of md., right near me. i'll write to you if you send me your email address---telephone me and leave a mesg. on my machine if you don't want to leave it here. hope all your family, your parents and jim, are well and happy. [wrote to earl some years back, know about his and your mother's second marriages and step-bro charles.

second reply is to someone named CRAVSOW---which is a complete and total surprise. the pronunciation is virtually the same as kravtzoff, kraftsoff, kravtzov, kraftsow, etc., but i have NEVER seen it before. the entire family appears to have ended up somehow in philadelphia, pa.----i have discovered other cousins [one last name, weitz, among others] who also know they are related to kraftsow family but never, ever knew any of their cousins, which we are all! i am just astounded.

i am just guessing here, but i think my second cousin, stephen creed of the canadian kraftsov/creed family, may know something about the connecticut part of the family. please let me know what you have on your family. check out poltova and/or zolotonosha in what is now ukraine which is where we believe our family came from----maybe in about 1850s--or so. my branch and stephen's branch of the family are the only two that changed the last name to creed. so far as i know we are the only jewish creed family. stephen [who lives in toronto, ont. area] and i [in the washington, d.c. area] have over 1,000 names and many dates. i think we will be adding yours! please call me 301-656-2113 and leave a message as to how you can be reached via email directly. my father was armand kraftsov/soff creed, born paris, france 1903, third-born of 11 children, 11th, jacques, born in winnipeg, canada. family went to canada 1914, then u.s. ending up in philadelphia in 1920s. BUT some of the family had already settled in what is now harlem, nyc, in late 1890s. i am in touch w/one of them now still living in nyc on LES. my nuclear family lived in washington, dc, and i now live just outside d.c. in a suburb called chevy chase, maryland. PLEASE let me hear from you.
ADRIENNE CREED MENDELSON

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
phyllisunger2... 16 Sep 2006 6:32PM GMT 
Abbe Vance-Ap... 20 Nov 2008 4:03AM GMT 
Acme100 20 Nov 2008 1:31PM GMT 
Abbe Vance-Ap... 20 Nov 2008 1:38PM GMT 
Abbe Vance-Ap... 20 Nov 2008 1:42PM GMT 
mkron76 4 May 2012 1:25PM GMT 
erato30147 30 Oct 2012 6:08PM GMT 
garykraftsow 5 Jun 2005 1:18AM GMT 
Acme100 23 Mar 2008 8:24PM GMT 
mishzel 17 Apr 2007 2:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions