Search for content in message boards

Etta Blumenthal Nogar/Nagor/Nager

Replies: 16

Re: Etta Blumenthal Nogar/Nagor/Nager

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 9:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nager/Nagor/Nogar/Magor/Mager; Blumenthal; Sirotkin
Family was Nogar 1905, 1910, 1920. Magor in 1925. Mager in 1930. Yetta Nagor widow in 1940.
Didn't even know Nathan's name until I found Etta's censuses and match her name and children's'. Know this is right family as the children match. All info I have re Nathan is from censuses. He's a mystery.

This family is difficult. All my friend knew about his family was his grandmother's name, Etta Nager, the names of her children (Bob's father and siblings), and that Etta had a couple of sisters, Sadie and Anna and maybe Jennie, where they lived in NY, and they came from Russia around 1900. That's not a lot to start with. Made progress. Found her maiden name on naturalization documents and parents names (Benjamin Blumenthal & Rosie Sirotkin) on Etta's SS info (not form 5 application; they couldn't find that). Haven't been able to find them. The only viable couple has no mention of daughters, just three sons (Max, William, Henry). Family doesn't know about Etta having any sons. I guess the only way to determine if this is the right parents is to trace one of the children and look for mother's maiden name. If 'Sirotkin', that's them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mensa73 30 Sep 2013 10:36PM GMT 
cheryllmclean 1 Oct 2013 3:32PM GMT 
cheryllmclean 1 Oct 2013 3:35PM GMT 
Mitch Holland... 1 Oct 2013 4:57PM GMT 
cheryllmclean 1 Oct 2013 5:38PM GMT 
Mitch Holland... 1 Oct 2013 7:54PM GMT 
cheryllmclean 1 Oct 2013 5:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions