Search for content in message boards

Bechhofer (Beckhoefer) family Nuremburg GR

Replies: 0

Bechhofer (Beckhoefer) family Nuremburg GR

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 6:25AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Mayer,Greenberger,Kraelsheimer, Burnett, Gussdorfer
Hello,
I am currently doing research on the Bechhofer (Beckhoefer) family. I believe the line is from the Bavarian region around Nuremburg.

I am attempting to connect some dots, specify for Albert Beckhoefer b 1879, in Nuremburg, he had an older brother Max, (who later changed his last name to Burnett) and a younger sister, Sidonie.
Max and Sidonie both immigrated to the USA, Albert somehow ended up in England, were he married English women in Southampton Eng (Annie Wicks), and eventually left for the US in 1915, all lived in NYC.

Max married Carrie Mayer of Baltimore (1898) I believe by her father (a rabbi); Sidonie married Morris Greenberger March 23 1919, in NYC.

On Sidonie’s marriage licence it states that her parents were, Zacharias Beckhofer, and Pauline Kraelsheimer.

Following this line it took me to web site "Jewish genealogists with roots in Bavarian Swabia", and according to this site, Zacharias Beckhofer was the son of, Abraham Hirsch Bechhoefer and Sophie Gussdorfer.

Wondering if anyone knows or has further information on this family.
Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions