French Canadien names

Replies: 15

Re: French Canadian names

Deborah (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2005 9:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2005 6:05PM GMT
Dear Michelle & Kimberly,
The names that are listed on the different sites are from Jewish sources of some sort. This is why we are doing the DNA study to see if we can put it all together, and I can say that we are. It is taking time and people willing to test. We need people of French Canadian and Acadian descent to test for us.

I hope this is ok because I am going to post it. Ducas has pretty much been proven to be of Jewish descent. The surname has been found in at least four Jewish Census's around France. The DNA testing has come out as a J2 and one mutation off from the Cohen gene, which is considered a match. We would like to test any and all Ducas males to establish a match to our Ducas project member who originally tested.

Plante & La Plante, which was originally Bonnier has tested out as an E3b, this is of Middle Eastern Origins. Bonnier is a VERY Jewish surname and probably is linked to the European Jewish family, especially in Sweden. Again we would like to test any and all willing male Plante's, La Plants to establish family links.

I am currently working on Boucher. The DNA has established Middle Eastern DNA for two of the DNA tests, not from our project. I have linked this name to Jews in France, actually a form of the name, especially in the Holocaust. Bocher is a Jewish surname is listed at Yad Vasham. I found Bouchera at the Saint Esprit, Bayonne list of marriage records. Saint Esprit was the Jewish Quarter of Bayonne, was mostly Sephardim that fled the Inquistion and their Ancestors.

I have worked very hard on this project and have several people who have worked hand in hand with me on this. I NEED willing Canadian Males with the surnames listed on my site to come forward and be tested. Also, anyone that has a surname or a close form to a surname listed on www.sephardim.com to please come forward and be tested.

We had a theory, that the Sephardic Anusim, Forced converts came to Canada. We are actually in the throws of proving our theory...and I can say on a small scale so far, we have proven our theory. But I know that there are more Anusim that came to Canada. Common sense tells us so. So many of the Spanish Jews fleeing from Spain, right next door to France, went to France. Many assimilated, trying to escape persecution. When they went to Canada, New France, they had to hide who they were, even though I believe the Catholic Church knew who most of them were. Some did keep Sephardic Customs, even now they can be found in some of the families.

But without willing people to come forward and be tested, it will be nothing but a theory. The DNA test makes it much easier to prove what we know to be the truth. If any of you are interested in proving who the families were please convince our Canadian and Acadian Brothers to come forward and be tested! You can contact me from through my website http://www.familytreedna.com/public/canadiananusim/

Thank you!
Deborah
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kimgaylord1 19 Jul 2004 5:12AM GMT 
Donalyn 26 Jul 2004 9:46PM GMT 
Donalyn 26 Jul 2004 10:41PM GMT 
kimgaylord1 1 May 2005 5:36PM GMT 
LiLamb61 6 Jan 2005 1:07AM GMT 
kimgaylord1 1 May 2005 5:28PM GMT 
kimgaylord1 3 May 2005 2:00AM GMT 
Michele Doucette 27 Nov 2005 2:35PM GMT 
Deborah 27 Nov 2005 4:26PM GMT 
Michele Doucette 27 Nov 2005 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions