Search for content in message boards

Angeleno Finds Health In Valley (Alex Spolsdoff)

Replies: 0

Angeleno Finds Health In Valley (Alex Spolsdoff)

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Not sure if this was posted:

THE FRESNO BEE Sunday. Aug. 12, 1945, page 7
Angeleno Finds Health In Valley By M. J. K.

Los Angeles is a grand city, with 3ts glitter and bright lights, but as far as Alex Spolsdoff is concerned, those who like that kind of life can have it. He will settle for his 190 acre ranch at Lake and Dakota Avenues near Kerman. Spolsdoff's enthusiasm for the good earth of the Kerman district dates back to 25 years ago when he was forced to relinquish his position with a Los Angeles merchandising house because of ill health. Having heard of the- salubrious reputation of the San Joaquin Valley climate, he decided to abandon city life and become a rancher in the Kerman district. Likes Ranch Life "And you know," he declares, "I like it. Ranch life in the San Joaquin Valley has virtually restored my health. My wife and I are healthy and happy and we have our strapping sons who are living testimonials to the efficacy of good ranch food, fresh air and clean country living." One of the sons, John Spolsdoff, is serving with the U. S. Army in Italy, and another, Paul, 16, will be a senior in the Kerman High School this coming Fall and a tower of strength in the backfield of the school's football team. The other two sons are Jim, 24, and Allen, 17. Grows Grapes, Alfalfa The Spolsdoff ranch consists of 80 acres of Thompson Seedless vines, 60 acres of alfalfa and 50 of cotton. At present he and his sons are busy with the alfalfa harvest and are piling up huge stacks of baled hay, for which he hopes there will be more lively market than at present. Although Spolsdoff is a native of the bleak, snow covered Caucasus territory of Russia, he is not bothered by the San Joaquin Valley heat. In fact, he likes it and finds it conducive to his continued good health.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions