Search for content in message boards

Quaker college in Ohio Query

Replies: 5

Quaker college in Ohio Query

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 12:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
My 2nd great grandmother Hannah White Osborn attended a Society of Friends college in Ohio prior to her marriage in 1854. In the notes my mother had wrote down about Hannah she stated that it was Whittier College, however, I have not been able to find anything of a Whittier College in Ohio, only the current one in California which was founded by the Friends Society. She had a dream of becoming a physician, but in those days women were not allowed into medical school, so instead she became a schoolteacher. She taught for one year before her marriage. Does anyone know anything of a Friends School in Ohio that my mother was referring to? There is a Wilmington College, but that school did not open until 1870. I'd like to find out where it was. She lived in Iowa, but she did have relatives in Ohio, but I'm not sure of their names either. Hannah did go on to become a midwife in later years and one of her daughters did become a physician. I found this out through another Ancestry member connected to that daughter.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EmilyMorris51... 7 Dec 2012 7:34AM GMT 
Dan_Treadway 8 Dec 2012 6:17AM GMT 
Dan_Treadway 8 Dec 2012 7:07AM GMT 
EmilyMorris51... 8 Dec 2012 8:19AM GMT 
Dan_Treadway 8 Dec 2012 10:20PM GMT 
EmilyMorris51... 10 Dec 2012 5:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic