Search for content in message boards

College Degree abbreviations

Replies: 5

College Degree abbreviations

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunford, Knight
I've run across several people with letters following their name that might signify a college degree. Here are 2 from people in the UK that I'm hoping someone might be able to clarify.

1. Person is a vicar, according to Kelly's Directory, 1939, Buckinghamshire: Dunford, Rev. Ernest Chas. M.A. Here in the US "M.A." would mean a Master of Arts degree. Is it the same in the UK?

2: Marriage found in Free DMB Marriage search:
Marriages Dec 1939
Name Spouse Reg. District Vol/Page
Dunford Ernest C Knight Westminster 1a 1538
Knight Annie M C Da S Dunford Westminster 1a 1538

Any idea of the meaning "Da S" for Ms. Knigh?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hartnells 25 Feb 2014 9:58AM GMT 
ChalfontR 25 Feb 2014 11:10AM GMT 
Sandi Hartnel... 25 Feb 2014 11:17AM GMT 
ChalfontR 25 Feb 2014 11:51AM GMT 
hartnells 25 Feb 2014 5:26PM GMT 
ChalfontR 26 Feb 2014 5:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic