Search for content in message boards

Surname change on grandfathers side

Replies: 5

Surname change on grandfathers side

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haywood, Stuart, Pahl
I am completely lost and could use some help. This should be a simple task but unfortunately it has not been. I know nothing about my fathers side of the family since my parents divorced when i was a baby. i have never met my paternal grandmother and my paternal grandfather passed before i was born. my grandfather legally changed his last name to "Stuart" from "Haywood" after he was released from a chain gang in Georgia. I dont know when he was born, died or changed his name. I dont even know his first name. my mom thinks it may of been James or John. I know when he married my grandmother, Elizabeth Pahl the change had already been made. where can i find a record of this name change? I cant seem to find many records on my grandmother either and i thought his name would be listed on her death or cemetary records but its not. can someone please help me or tell me where to look? I would appreciate this greatly.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jmstuey1 18 Aug 2010 11:12PM GMT 
LHSwisher 19 Aug 2010 8:49PM GMT 
jmstuey1 19 Aug 2010 9:22PM GMT 
rel8ively 19 Aug 2010 9:54PM GMT 
jmstuey1 19 Aug 2010 11:37PM GMT 
rel8ively 24 Aug 2010 6:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic