Search for content in message boards

Help. Newbie with limited information? TURNER

Replies: 2

Help. Newbie with limited information? TURNER

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner
Hoping someone may be able to help.

I know very little about my fathers side of the family. I haven't had any contact with them for a number of years now but after becoming a mother myself i want to find out a little about my 'roots'.

I'm not having much luck though. What do I KNOW

1). Father. Kevin Richard Turner b 1956 Barnet, Herts
2) married mother Christine Ann Coleby. August 1978 Aldershot
3) Kevin had siblings, Different fathers as far as I know, but there's a Melanie, David and Vanessa that I know of.

Most of the family were based in Hertfordshire area.

I ordered my fathers birth certificate, his mother is named as Eileen May Turner. In column 5 of the birth certificate where it asks for 'name, surname and maiden surname of mother' it states. Eileen may turner (cook (old persons home) of west cottage, bed well park, essendon. No father is mentioned.

So I have two thoughts.
1) that Eileen may turners maiden name was Cook, but why is the father not named if she was married??
2) Eileen was not married and so Cook represents her employment status as the father is not named..... Are either of these likely?? Or have I missed something obvious?

I would really appreciate any help to trace back even one generation back. It sounds odd, but I have only ever seen one photo of my father when he was a child and my 3 month old son is identical. And I have the urge to at least be able to tell my son when he is older where some of his roots are...

Thank you for reading this!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Miss_turner78 17 Sep 2012 8:54PM GMT 
carobradford 18 Sep 2012 6:37AM GMT 
williamfcraig... 18 Sep 2012 2:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions